Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Heated Seat - comfortable or not..?  (Read 4667 times)

Offline Baldy Biker

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
Heated Seat - comfortable or not..?
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:41:42 pm »
Hi, I probably should have posted this question before ordering my bike with a heated seat BUT... I got carried away in all the excitement. However I'd still like to know what people think of the heated seat option (low version). Is it as comfortable as the standard seat? I guess my concern is that to make it lower they must have made it thinner and thinner probably equals less padding and therefore less comfortable...

How have people found it?

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Heated Seat - comfortable or not..?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 04:33:33 pm »
Interesting question regarding construction. Unfortunately I don't know the answer regarding thickness.  I don't find the seat uncomfortable from a padding point.  My only complaint is that it is a bit wide. 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:43:56 pm »
I found the heated seat on the loaner far less comfortable than the non heated version that I've had on both my own bikes  :087: :087:
As to the reason why never tried to find out as it would never be an option that I'd choose for my own bike. The wife said the same as for the pillion seat also.
It may be the heating elements in the structure in the seat  :087: I don't think that they are worth the extra investment  :005: But as I aways say pay ya money take your chance  :087: :087:

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Polarbear

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy Launch SE
  • City / Town: Milton Keynes
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:57:13 pm »
My bike was an ex launch model demonstrator. When I picked it up they had left the low seat on instead of replacing the heated. TBH I didn't notice too much difference between the two until I was caught in a thunderstorm and got soaked through. Heated seats rule  :152:

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 10:07:26 pm »
*Originally Posted by Polarbear [+]
My bike was an ex launch model demonstrator. When I picked it up they had left the low seat on instead of replacing the heated. TBH I didn't notice too much difference between the two until I was caught in a thunderstorm and got soaked through. Heated seats rule  :152:
Oh for sure.  I probably should have mentioned that but OP only asked about comfort vs thickness.  You are absolutely right the heated feature can't be beat!
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline nert

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: blue Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hopewell, NJ
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 03:20:57 am »
I cant say I noticed a difference in comport between the two seats. Both are adjustable, with high and low positions. My wife, Joy, on the other hand LOVES the bun warmers in the pillion seat. That seat is the size of our couch. I don't know that you would notice a smaller profile.

Offline Baldy Biker

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 10:13:20 am »
Thanks for the views; sounds overall as though I made the right decision to order the heated seats (wife will be much happier on the back especially over the next few months in Scotland)...

Picking up the bike on Friday and can't wait.

Offline Cide1

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fishers
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 12:59:52 pm »
In the US, we get the "heated low" seat, which I find to be very uncomfortable for me, I think some of this may be due to my height of 6'2".  This is the only negative about the bike that I have found really.  I ordered a "comfort" seat to try off eBay for $140, and may have my "heated low" seat reworked to add more padding.

I may also try to find someone who wants to trade my "heated low" for their "heated" seat that is the standard height.