Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New Rear Shock.  (Read 424 times)

Offline Drphil

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 TSE
  • City / Town: Fareham
New Rear Shock.
« on: November 26, 2020, 07:13:47 am »
Hi ,
   Finally got my 1215SE back with its Gen Triumph new shock, it rides so much better. No more wallowing ,vast improvement. The shock must have blown losing its damping slowly until I saw the fluid misting the lower shock body!
  So ,all greased linkages, TES working as it should,all from a small independent dealer. Great Service.
  Thanks.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: New Rear Shock.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 07:38:46 am »
Congratulations Drphil  :152:

Now you just need the Winter weather to hold off a little longer !

Cheers  :821:

Offline Mikestrophy

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 05:34:45 am »
Hi Drphil. I read your post about your new rear shock and that you had a vast improvement. No more wallowing etc. My "pillion in a mill" has started to complain that my bike does not absorb the bumps as well as it used to. But only in the last 6 months or so. Bike has 70000 kms and I have noticed drops of oil in areas around the shock but I couldn't narrow it down to a specific source. Did your new shock result in the suspension coping with the bumps better ?? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Offline Drphil

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 TSE
  • City / Town: Fareham
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 07:59:19 am »
Hi,
   That oil you notice was the same symptoms that led to my rear shock blowing.
The damping slowly got worse,after 600 miles or so ,then it got really bad especially putting power on exiting a sharp bend or roundabout! The spring was all good ,some I believe corrode badly at the base.
It was replaced with a new bush/ bearing at the lower linkage.
It now handles really well. WP Suspension supply these units to Triumph but being SE Model has all the electric adjustment etc. It’s costly but worth it for peace of mind.BTW the dealer I bought it from paid for replacement and fitment.
I would recommend getting a pro to do this job unless you have good knowledge and tools. Cheers.

tweedy-bunch