Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Replying to Notifications  (Read 4679 times)

Offline Triumph Trophy

• Admin/Moderator
  • Forum Help & Support
    • View Profile
Replying to Notifications
« on: September 04, 2013, 06:59:46 PM »
Noticed that a few people are replying to forum notifications that they receive by email.

Please note that if you receive an email notification then it is just that, a notification.

1. If its regarding a post then login to the forum and respond in the relevant topic.

2. If its regarding a personal message then login to the forum and respond by the personal messaging system.

Bottom line is that if you respond by email then no one will receive or see your reply as you are basically replying back to the email server and your response goes into a black hole...

These emails actually have the line "IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email." but a few people obviously don't read their emails properly, nor do they look at who they are replying to  :138:

It makes no difference to us but some people are wondering why they don't any further response back so now you know !   :164:

Cheers  :821:

Offline Bajagrngo

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE launch.
  • City / Town: Las Vegas
Re: Replying to Notifications
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 12:31:32 AM »
Who are you secret dude?
Tom Brennan

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 07:18:01 AM »
Is this a new thing because it just started the email notifications a couple of weeks ago?

seadog
seadog

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 08:36:20 AM »
And as ,uncheck as I keep selecting yes to deactivate notifications..... I still seem to keep getting them!

:087: :087: :087:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Ad™

• Forum Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 11:01:27 AM »
And as ,uncheck as I keep selecting yes to deactivate notifications..... I still seem to keep getting them!

cropbiker - you need to go to your profile then, "Modify Profile", then "Notifications"

I can still see these enabled on your account so amend them as you need to and don't forget to click on "Save Settings".

I would encourage everyone to spend some time checking out the settings in your Profile area. There's loads of things in there that you might want to turn on, off, or adjust, to suit your own preferences.

------------------

However, this isn't the issue, some people are literally responding by email to notifications they receive, consequently no one sees their response.

All we're saying is that if you have notifications enabled then make sure you login to the forum to respond, don't reply by email as those emails will go into a black hole...  :191:

:821:

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 07:39:37 PM »
Me too, mine is unchecked but I keep getting notifications. Ive opened a new folder in my email provider so they go though to that rather than them keep bleeping up on my phone.

Roger

Offline Triumph Trophy

• Admin/Moderator
  • Forum Help & Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 08:06:18 PM »
Me too, mine is unchecked but I keep getting notifications.

Roger - Unchecking stops future notifications, but looking at your profile (within the notifications part) you still have a list of current notifications that are still active. You need to "Unnotify" those ones.

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 10:19:19 PM »
Thanks for that

Roger