Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: New listing for Corbin Seat  (Read 3121 times)

Online TrophyRider4

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Paw Paw, Michigan
New listing for Corbin Seat
« on: December 24, 2020, 01:01:07 am »
Hi.
I saw a new listing for a Corbin seat for Trophy SE, on Ebay.  This is not my listing.
I thought that someone with more spare cash than I have may want to see it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-Trophy-SE-Heated-Driver-AND-Passenger-Seat-CORBIN/124498819157?epid=1257453843&hash=item1cfcb53855:g:QZcAAOSwD1Bf4197

Have a Great Day! :046:

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
Re: New listing for Corbin Seat
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 08:40:22 pm »
Just as an FYI, these are listed all the time, and have been for years. They don't have them in stock; they're just reselling Corbins. If anyone wants one you can just order it directly.

Online TrophyRider4

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2021, 09:19:54 pm »
I have talked to this guy, and made an offer on the seat.
He did not accept my offer.
It is not new, and he didn't have the wiring harness for it.  He told me that I should buy the harness from Corbin, after giving him, basically full retail for the used seat.
He did tell me that he purchased the wiring harness from Corbin, and he has changed the sale to show that the unit is used.  The seat has a few small scrapes, etc. on it.
He has since lowered the price, but not enough, in my opinion. as he still wants $90 for shipping too.
He still has it listed as fitting all years, but the seat pan changed for the newer Trophy SE models.  This fits the older ones. (2013, etc)
I would order a new seat, and choose the colors before buying one for this much money.
I may still do this, if after riding some significant miles on my factory seat, I think that I need it.
Have a Great Day!

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2021, 09:24:40 pm »
Ah...my mistake. He generally keeps Corbin seat ads up for all sorts of bikes, or used to (or maybe it's another dealer and I'm confusing them).

If the price is right, not a terrible seat. Russel is hugely better for not much, if any price difference, but they are well built for sure.

Online smash

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 07:17:56 am »
*Originally Posted by TrophyRider4 [+]
I have talked to this guy, and made an offer on the seat.
He did not accept my offer.
It is not new, and he didn't have the wiring harness for it.  He told me that I should buy the harness from Corbin, after giving him, basically full retail for the used seat.
He did tell me that he purchased the wiring harness from Corbin, and he has changed the sale to show that the unit is used.  The seat has a few small scrapes, etc. on it.
He has since lowered the price, but not enough, in my opinion. as he still wants $90 for shipping too.
He still has it listed as fitting all years, but the seat pan changed for the newer Trophy SE models.  This fits the older ones. (2013, etc)
I would order a new seat, and choose the colors before buying one for this much money.
I may still do this, if after riding some significant miles on my factory seat, I think that I need it.
Have a Great Day!

He did you a heck of a service by preparing you for the level of service you can expect from Corbin.

Online TrophyRider4

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 12:15:18 pm »
I told the guy that I had put his auction here, and that it had been seen over 2000 times.
If it was a good deal, surely one of us would have bought it.

tweedy-bunch