Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Best tankbag for trophy se 1200 2017  (Read 663 times)

Offline Quérider

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 1200 207
  • City / Town: Gatineau
Best tankbag for trophy se 1200 2017
« on: January 12, 2021, 03:18:30 am »
Hello,
I'm looking for a thankbag for my trophy. Unfortunately the triumph is not available anymore.
I would like no bigger then 12L.
Which one do you recommend?
Regard.
Q.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Best tankbag for trophy se 1200 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 07:47:53 pm »
You are likely to find that the bars at full lock either direction will hit most if not all non OEM tank bags.  I have two Cortech's a small 5L and a larger 10L one and both are mounted with my own arrangement just opposite of the position they should be mounted to allow the handle bars to go full lock with no restriction.  That said, the larger bag does turn on my heated grips when the bars are turned fully left, but that only occurs when parking it or pushing it around and it's noticeable when it happens (warm hands!) so no big deal.  The Joe Rocket Manta's that I have seen seemed a touch narrower than some, so might be an option.  Still would have to be somehow mounted specifically for the Trophy though.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Quérider

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE 1200 207
  • City / Town: Gatineau
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 01:02:21 am »
Hello,

Thanks for your help.
The 5L it's interesting for me.
Is it the same installation Tim do in his video?

Regards,
Q.

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 10:27:29 am »
*Originally Posted by Quérider [+]
Hello,
I'm looking for a thankbag for my trophy. Unfortunately the triumph is not available anymore.
I would like no bigger then 12L.
Which one do you recommend?
Regard.
Q.

It's true they are not available as new products anymore, but they still come up from time to time as second hand items...In fact I bought a second one last month at a fair price (just in case).  I bought it from a Trophy forum on Facebook for 50 of our best English Pounds. So the point is, just keep your eyes open and one will turn up. I've seen them turn up every month or so.
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 01:43:49 pm »
That's the easiest installation.  My installation was slightly different so I can change out and use the smaller one for general short trip rides or us the larger one with more room for long trips.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Canes1

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Phantom Black
  • City / Town: Fayetteville, GA
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 05:44:25 pm »
*Originally Posted by trophied [+]
You are likely to find that the bars at full lock either direction will hit most if not all non OEM tank bags.  I have two Cortech's a small 5L and a larger 10L one and both are mounted with my own arrangement just opposite of the position they should be mounted to allow the handle bars to go full lock with no restriction.  That said, the larger bag does turn on my heated grips when the bars are turned fully left, but that only occurs when parking it or pushing it around and it's noticeable when it happens (warm hands!) so no big deal.  The Joe Rocket Manta's that I have seen seemed a touch narrower than some, so might be an option.  Still would have to be somehow mounted specifically for the Trophy though.

Sent you a PM, have brand new OEM bag will be selling soon. Having a fitting kit made for my bag, once made , will be selling new bag!

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 01:14:49 pm »
While the price is completely ridiculous, the Touratech R1200GS bag is also sols as the Trophy bag, and it's the best option available by a fair margin.

For the price it should be waterproof and it isn't , but as far as shape, ease of use, features, etc. it's a winner.

tweedy-bunch