Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Broke down in Boulder  (Read 8979 times)

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Broke down in Boulder
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 10:25:26 pm »
*Originally Posted by nert [+]
I am sorry that some of us have experienced problems with our new rides, and I can relate. But I am mystified, horrified,  as to why so many people think a failure or two entitles you to a new bike???
That's what warranties are for.

There are no guarantees in life. Who you going to complain too when yours ends abruptly (odds are good) and you feel it was unfair?

Yes but lets be fair. Canucks Fan has had more than his fair share of troubles with this bike.
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2013, 02:03:31 am »
*Originally Posted by nert [+]
I am sorry that some of us have experienced problems with our new rides, and I can relate. But I am mystified, horrified,  as to why so many people think a failure or two entitles you to a new bike???
That's what warranties are for.

There are no guarantees in life. Who you going to complain too when yours ends abruptly (odds are good) and you feel it was unfair?
A failure or two? :745: Its been in the shop TWENTY ONE TIMES, and has spent more nights in the shop than my garage since I bought it in January.  Seriously- you need to do a little more research on what I've gone through before you make statements like that.  I more than qualify for Lemon Laws (do they horrify you?), but Triumph has gone out of their way to try and make me happy; I'm just guilty of believing that nothing more can happen.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:20:44 pm by Canucks_Fan »

Offline Canucks_Fan

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1050 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kennewick
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2013, 02:09:51 am »
*Originally Posted by Papermaker [+]
Hi Cunucks_Fan--

My guess is the intermittent short you found is the source of many of the electrical/electronic problems you've experienced with your bike.  I also think that the wheel bearing failure could have occurred while changing the fork seals at the dealership.  I hope it is a entirely new motorcycle for you (you've certainly been loyal to the brand).

--Papermaker                 
I'm on my 3rd wiring harness, so this short didn't have anything to do with my previous electrical problems, only the radio dropping and fan not kicking in which were both recent issues. I love this bike when it runs- nothing better out there, I just hope I am now past the problems. It was nice spending time with other TT owners this weekend and hearing about their lack of problems- it makes me think mine might now be a thing of the past.

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2013, 09:00:40 am »
Hope your luck has turned the corner, Cannucks. That Taos ride in must have been some serious ride-in if you have to make over 3000 mile to get home. Good journey to you.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2013, 05:01:03 pm »
Canucks

Hats off to you.  You have put up with loads and still have a positive outlook. :047:

;Looked at your thread on Taos. With days like that all the bad things fade away. Have a safe a great trip home. 3000 problem free miles I hope.

:062: :821: :821:

only been home a week myself and been out most days. not long runs but every mile a diamond. :008:

seadog

seadog