Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Michelin PR4 GT's  (Read 920 times)

Offline coastalisland

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbia SC
Re: Michelin PR4 GT's
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2021, 05:55:29 pm »
I used CR-2032/VCN batteries(Panasonic). The tabs are already on them, but the orientation of the tabs and their size makes it easy to align with the existing solder points in the TPMS units. Another plus with these is the perimeter is encased with a yellow vinyl material, which prevents the tab from the negative side from accidentally shorting to the positive side, when the tab is brought up to it's needed orientation to solder to the unit. Make sure to have the positive pole facing upward when you install the new battery.
Coastalisland

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2021, 06:10:23 pm »
Thanks for the clarification.
With that kind of performance for you, I cannot think of any reason to change.  :153:
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Offline baz1

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: basingstoke
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2021, 06:56:07 pm »
I like the PR4s and will replace my current set when I change in the next 1000 miles. I dont know how you manage to get 16000 miles out of a set, most I have ever had is 5800 and they weee awful to ride on.

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2021, 05:01:40 pm »
*Originally Posted by coastalisland [+]
I used CR-2032/VCN batteries(Panasonic). The tabs are already on them, but the orientation of the tabs and their size makes it easy to align with the existing solder points in the TPMS units. Another plus with these is the perimeter is encased with a yellow vinyl material, which prevents the tab from the negative side from accidentally shorting to the positive side, when the tab is brought up to it's needed orientation to solder to the unit. Make sure to have the positive pole facing upward when you install the new battery.

Would you mind posting a link to the exact batteries you used? I'm having trouble finding the right ones. Thanks!

Offline coastalisland

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Columbia SC
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2021, 05:14:28 pm »
Sure. Got mine on Ebay- https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Panasonic-CR-2032-VCN-3V-Lithium-Coin-Battery-Vert-2-Pin-for-Real-Time-Clock/392404419775?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649. I also noticed Amazon has the same battery-https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Battery-ThinkPad-Latitude-Pavilion/dp/B08GSRSCW4.
Coastalisland

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2021, 05:16:56 pm »
Ordered...thanks!

Offline thogland

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wasilla
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2021, 05:38:00 pm »
Wal-Mart online has these available for $11 each (ouch!), two battery suppliers in China show them as available for between $1 and $2 each, but minimum order of $100. The amazon link is nice - $10 for a pair, and Amazon makes dealing with issues pretty simple. Nice to find a source for them - it's almost impossible to actually search up a link to get these.

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 05:39:03 pm »
Why not just use the link posted above? Worked fine for me.