Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Radio Not Working - help needed  (Read 1237 times)

Offline dandrumheller

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Lebanon ME
Re: Radio Not Working - help needed
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2021, 07:37:58 pm »
There are a couple of used TTSE radios showing on eBay for around $300 right now.  Haven't had mine apart or looked at the service manual so I'm not sure if there's other parts needed for a radio swap, but at least it's not $2k...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13-17-TRIUMPH-TROPHY-SE-ABS-RADIO-STEREO-CONTROL-UNIT/293773200465?fits=Model%3ATrophy%7CMake%3ATriumph&hash=item44663f4c51:g:BBsAAOSwZDlff4OD
2015 TTSE.  It's blue.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 01:29:03 am »
Might check with Radio Sound and see if they would offer some sort of out of warranty allowance.  If I recall previous threads correctly I think they did that once before for a Trophy rider.  The radio failures on the Trophy seem to be a pretty rare occurrence.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2021, 02:20:10 am »
When mine was dead I called them and asked, and they said they didn't do that. This was in Spring of 2018, so things could be different now.

They also refused to look at it to attempt to fix my Bluetooth range...kinda lame.

Online Mahaflac

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013
  • City / Town: Brownsboro
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2021, 01:25:58 am »
I called Radio Sound today. Shipped to my door $285. I think I am going to order it tomorrow.

Question: Is it possible that the control module on the handle bar be out? Is there any instance where this is the case? Given the problems with the radios on these units, I am reasonably sure it is the radio unit.

I am told the job is time consuming but not hard. Anyone know where I can find the process. I have looked at the service manual and I donít think this is specifically covered.
Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up.

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2021, 01:47:23 am »
*Originally Posted by Mahaflac [+]
I called Radio Sound today. Shipped to my door $285. I think I am going to order it tomorrow.

Question: Is it possible that the control module on the handle bar be out? Is there any instance where this is the case? Given the problems with the radios on these units, I am reasonably sure it is the radio unit.

I am told the job is time consuming but not hard. Anyone know where I can find the process. I have looked at the service manual and I donít think this is specifically covered.

The process is dirt simple, and incredibly irritating and involved all at the same time...simple work, just a lot of it. The process is detailed elsewhere on the forum, but I couldn't find the link.

I had mine out, and when I re-installed it I lined the box with closed cell foam and made it an interference fit, leaving about 1/2" along the rear top edge without the foam. I then ran a bead of silicone adhesive across that gap. It will never move or come out, is now dampened v. vibration, and if I need to take it out I just slice the silicone with an xacto and pull it out. I could remove it in 20 seconds on a bet.

Something to consider...

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2021, 07:27:34 am »
It's good to hear that Radio Sound are still providing the repair service.  :028:

I have looked at the service manual and I donít think this is specifically covered.

It IS covered at Chapter 18, Page 18.32  : Audio Unit Removal.

This also has reference to :

Chapter 18.11 ( Battery Removal ) and
Chapter 17.25 ( Under Tray Removal )

Chapter 17.25 further references :

Chapter 17.8 ( Remove the Seats )
Chapter 17.24 ( Rear Mudguard Removal )
Chapter 10.143 ( Remove the Silencer ) and
Chapter 16.8 ( Remove the Rear Wheel )

Link to a Forum Topic on Audio Unit Removal already provided in my Post of 24 January.

Cheers  :821:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 07:29:53 am by Coconut »

Online Mahaflac

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2021, 04:15:11 pm »
*Originally Posted by dietDrThunder [+]
The process is dirt simple, and incredibly irritating and involved all at the same time...simple work, just a lot of it. The process is detailed elsewhere on the forum, but I couldn't find the link.

I had mine out, and when I re-installed it I lined the box with closed cell foam and made it an interference fit, leaving about 1/2" along the rear top edge without the foam. I then ran a bead of silicone adhesive across that gap. It will never move or come out, is now dampened v. vibration, and if I need to take it out I just slice the silicone with an xacto and pull it out. I could remove it in 20 seconds on a bet.

Something to consider...

I love dirt simple and sure don't mind a little work.  Soo...Im good.  :001:

Online Mahaflac

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2021, 01:58:02 am »
Well, out with the old and in with the new. I replaced the radio today and it was not as bad as I thought it might be. It took me about 4 hours from start to finish. The work is simple enough but it is time consuming. Tunes-uh-blasting.