Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph GPS Mount Installation - TT1215 (Video)  (Read 329 times)

Offline jasonb

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy 1200
  • City / Town: Camberley
Triumph GPS Mount Installation - TT1215 (Video)
« on: January 24, 2021, 10:44:31 am »
Hello All,

first off, i hope you and yours are well and keeping safe in these challenging time. 

I have been using a ram mount on my handlebars the last couple of tours, and guaranteed within a couple of hours the mount along with the GPS has slowly migrated downwards due to vibration, so decided to put my hand in my pocket and get the official GPS mount.  Here is the fitting video in case it is useful..

Jason

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: London
Re: Triumph GPS Mount Installation - TT1215 (Video)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 11:15:26 am »
 Wish I had seen it before I fitted my mount.  Might have saved me a few minutes / hours. :152:

Phil

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
Re: Triumph GPS Mount Installation - TT1215 (Video)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 12:37:39 pm »
A couple of observations :

Missing from the Service Manual instructions ( and your video )
are that there are two plastic "scrivets" inside the mirror pods - above the large headed Indicator bolts,
that need to be removed to release the Instrument Panel fascia, after all the the other bolts have been removed.

The "scrivets" can be seen just above the arrrowed Indicator Bolts in this Photo :

These have "Phillips" type / Cross Heads, and it helps when trying to unscrew them
if you also push them out from the other side while unscrewing !

I would also recommend investing in a 5mm Allen straight "screwdriver" -
So much easier than using a standard Allen Key or 5mm bit in a Ratchet drive,
and is much less likely to slip and scratch the paintwork ! ( Ask me how I know  :138: )

Finally, the design of the CNC machined GPS Mount allows the Sat Nav cradle wiring
to be passed through it, so the wiring is out of sight behind the Instrument Panel,
but this requires the Cradle to be fitted to the CNC bracket and the wiring routed
through it and the Trim Finisher, before screwing the CNC Bracket to the Fascia bracket.

See this Topic for more information and Photo's :

HOW TO: Fitting Triumph Sat Nav Mount & Zumo 660

Cheers  :821: