Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dunlop Roadsmart 2 recommendation video  (Read 542 times)

Online LarryJa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Cedarbrook, NJ
Dunlop Roadsmart 2 recommendation video
« on: February 04, 2021, 03:39:38 pm »
I have Roadsmart 3's on my SE now, but I found this video very interesting. I try not to get caught out in the rain. So, I'm wondering if the Roadsmart 2 might be a better choice for me, as long as I could live with it's shorter life. It is very reasonably priced. The Roadsmart 4's have gotten quite pricey by comparison.
A good man once told me, "Don't sell your bike. It's your soul."....

Offline Merritt64

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Calgary
Re: Dunlop Roadsmart 2 recommendation video
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2021, 04:55:36 pm »
Ryan F9 is great!  He gives brutally honest, unbiased and hilarious reviews.  I am eagerly awaiting the Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T32 GT tire to become available.  I'm not concerned with cost because chances are very good that my tires will time out prior to wearing out.  Also, they're the only thing between me and the road.

Offline thogland

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wasilla
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 11:01:06 pm »
I had Commander IIs on the last bike, and RoadSmart IIIs on the TTSE now. I've had no issues in the rain on the RS3's, and had no real issues before on the Commander IIs. The new RoadSmart 4's are the same price as the last set of RS3's I bought - the RS3's are now much cheaper and am what I'm putting on this month as replacements. If they were all the same price, I'd probably swap to Michelin Road 5 GTs and see how they behave.

I'd note that I put a lot of flat highway miles on tires, and if I had time to mess with them I'd probably swap in a Commander III or ME888 (in 200/55-17) and see how they behaved.

Online LarryJa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Cedarbrook, NJ
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 03:52:02 pm »
 Yes  after a bit of consideration, I'm going to stick with my Roadsmart 3's.
Although, I will research those BS T32GT"s out of curiosity. I know of the T31GT. I put one on the front of my K1200LT. Loved I'd compared to the Metz ME88. So, I'd expect the T32 to be an improvement on it...
A good man once told me, "Don't sell your bike. It's your soul."....

Online GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 10:37:16 am »
*Originally Posted by LarryJa [+]
Yes  after a bit of consideration, I'm going to stick with my Roadsmart 3's.
Although, I will research those BS T32GT"s out of curiosity. I know of the T31GT. I put one on the front of my K1200LT. Loved I'd compared to the Metz ME88. So, I'd expect the T32 to be an improvement on it...

I'm currently on my second pair of RoadSmart 3's after mainly using Micheline PR4GT's.  I think I'm going back to PR4GT's as I've had a couple of slides in the wet with the RoadSmarts, I always found the Michelins to be sure footed.

BUT currently, I just want to ride, just ending my second ten day COVID isolation!
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

tweedy-bunch