Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Crash Bars  (Read 3760 times)

Offline Phil

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy
  • City / Town: London
Re: Crash Bars
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 11:20:22 pm »
I fitted the R & G Racing "Adventure Bars".  which went on easily.  I've had a stationary drop on either side and the bars took the impart well with just a little paint loss.   I would recommend them to protect the bike but not sure how they would perform if the bike was moving.   

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
  • City / Town: Trafalgar
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 11:44:30 pm »
Phil, like all of us, you don't want to find out. Stay safe. Cheers.  :821: :158:
HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 07:02:10 am »
... you don’t want to find out.

I did !

They held up well - bent inwards slightly
but kept the weight of the Bike off my leg
as I was sliding down the road / verge
with the bike on its side.

I still have my leg !  I don’t still have that Trophy !  :159:

Online LarryJa

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Cedarbrook, NJ
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 12:20:23 pm »
My SE has the R&G bars the previous owner installed. I've found them very protective in the low speed tip over that I've had from forgetful usage of the front brake while turning at low speed.
What I also learned, in that misfortune, was that the pannier covers were very vulnerable in a tip over.
So, subsequently, I've installed a set of tralex's rear bars & am much more particular about my low speed turns & stops.
BTW: tralex's bars seem to be even sturdier & better built than the more expensive R&G's.
A good man once told me, "Don't sell your bike. It's your soul."....

Offline Dinty

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 15 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: WESTWOOD
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2021, 02:47:09 pm »
         Can't thank you enough for the awesome response, I hate to ask so many questions but I can't help myself.I see that you have a 2nd set of mirrors, I like the idea, the better the view(s) the safer. Any recommendations on mirrors and how did you mount the mirror on your left side (as shown in your pic's next to your existing fairing mirror?
          Lastly (for now..) I was going to use an Army backpack to store my camping gear (tent, sleeping bag...) which I would position on the rear seat and strap to the passenger handles and would act as a backrest as well. The tent & the backpack is 48" tall, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a reasonably priced duffle/luggage which has been designed for that purpose, even better if someone has actually used it on a long trip. I plan on starting the Spring with a trip from Boston to the FloridaKeys (Keylargo). Needless to say whatever rig I strap on will be tested 1,500 + miles. As usual, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again Dinty from Boston

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2021, 03:13:07 pm »
The mirrors were just a cheap pair of "eBay" - I liked the look of them
which fitted in well with the lines of the bike.  I don't think they are available now  :

After the above Photo was taken I added a RAM Ball mount - which is on a Flat Plate
that fits between the Mirror and the Clutch Master Cyclinder casting.

The clutch and front brake Master cylinders both have threaded holes in them.

The holes have a rubber blank in them when the bike is new - they just pry out,
to reveal the holes which are an M10 x 1.25 standard right hand thread for both mirrors.

I can't offer any advice on a suitable bag, but instead of strapping down
to the ( plastic ) passenger grab handle, which is likely to end up scratching the painted,
if you lift the Pillion seat you will find four canvas loops that can be unclipped for exactly this purpose !

Cheers   :821:

« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 03:21:08 pm by Coconut »