Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Airbox Modification...  (Read 409 times)

Offline av8or-dave

• Trophy Pro
  • Got Mine 8 OCT '18 - officially in the club now!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 TTSE & '82 SECA
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Airbox Modification...
« on: February 23, 2021, 04:17:57 am »
Has anyone done, or know of - a modification to the TTSE Airbox to make it easier to change the air filters without removing the gas tank (after the 1st time)?
Don't pick a fight with an old guy, because if he can't fight - he'll just kill you!

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Airbox Modification...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 10:41:29 pm »
I'm sorry!!!

There is no possibility without disassembling the fairings and the fuel tank.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 12:49:46 pm »
Bob Southcoat stated the air filter can be removed by lifting the tank and bringing back slightly; it doesn't have to be removed. Unfortunately I can't refer you to the specific post as the admin of this group don't allow links to other forums. You'll have to go look for it  :002:
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 03:24:48 pm »
At the point of removing all the fairings and removing the two fuel tank bolts to pull back the fuel tank.

In my opinion, for not removing the gasoline tank to change the air filter, I would not do it, the ideal is to finish removing the gasoline tank, the only thing that remains is to remove the three gasoline tubes, two connectors from the aibox. , and the three intake case bolts and for the price of 3 spark plugs, replace them.

Too much work to have to disassemble all that material.

Sometimes there are things that one looks for in life in some way and makes life easier in one way or another. But in that case I don't see it.

Another very different thing would be the case of the replacement of the cylinder head "valve head". According to the manufacturer, to replace the cylinder head, it is necessary to remove the entire engine. and it is quite true that the official workshops remove the engine to replace the cylinder head.

I managed to replace the cylinder head without having to disassemble the engine from the motorcycle.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.