Main Trophy Boards > Tyres and Wheels

can I fit tire size 180 on rear?

(1/2) > >>

Stephane:
I have a spare rear tire from my previous bike, an FJR, which is a Roadsmart III size 180/55zr17. Could I put it on the Trophy?
It takes a 190 I think. But I don't know enough to to know if it's a viable option.

Coconut:
Personally, I'd see if I could sell that smaller tyre, and stick with the size specified.

Yaga1973:
Both the profile and the diameter are different between those two tires.  Not sure about the mounting requirements for a 180 vs 190.  Like Coconut said, I'd stick with the stock size to maintain handling characteristics unless those are something you are wanting to change.

Stephane:
Thanks.
Since the FJR is in the same class as the Trophy I thought it was worth asking.

rpeters549:
If you did, expect the speedo to be off even more.  You would also need to check the weight rating as the TTSE is heavy.
I have a 200 on the rear so that I could get into a better touring compound tire (Metzler 888) so my speedo is SLIGHTLY more accurate than with the stock tire size.
Any handling difference is negligible for the average non-track rider.  But it could put rotations out of spec and interfere with the anti-lock system.  My 200 didn't, but don't know about a smaller tire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version