Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: My big day  (Read 2297 times)

Offline STJIM

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE ( Blue )
  • City / Town: West Michigan
Re: My big day
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2021, 01:45:33 am »
Way to go William !!

Please give us a long-term report on any issues / problems you have had. 

Does the engine use much oil between oil changes ? 

And how often do you change oil and what brand oil filter do you use, etc. , etc. , etc.
IBA #35372
BBG  5-2014
SS3K 9-2020
2015 TTSE , 2008 Concours C-14
1998 ST1100

Offline Stephane

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Edmonton
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2021, 06:59:45 am »
You lucky guy, using your bike & traveling that much
Previous bikes: Yamaha FZ-09, Yamaha FJR 1300, Kawasaki Vulcan 900

Offline william

• Trophy Pro
  • its not your beliefs that make you a better person
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Henderson, KY
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2021, 10:26:34 pm »
To answer couple of the questions... The suspension, I have done zero to it. As far as oils and maintenance, I have just pretty much changed oil with Castrol and a wix filter once out of warranty.  A few issues along the way were... 1. Had the head redone, at around 35,000 miles I believe, it was done on Triumphs dime since it was the known head issue on early run engines, and yes, it did have the  major breakdown about 1800 miles from home, Looking back, it was quite an adventure getting bike home. 2. Had the ignition replaced under warranty, seemed the wiring harness was little short from the get go and they knew it and they took care of it. 3.Had the radio update early on, no big deal, just glitch in software. 4. The ECU was replaced, it was known issue and triumph had a bulletin out, again, no big deal. 5. I did hit a piece of metal in the roadway, knocked a small hole in my oil pan. Did not notice loss of oil til too late. Engine died... I just pulled over and examined and saw the oil. Took straight to dealer and luckily insurance paid to have lots of work done on engine. I can say that the rattle is gone from engine at idle after the repairs... Only thing that truly needs replacing are my hand grips, but after that many miles I can understand. Of course I have replaced brakes and tires, but that is all I have done other than regular maintenance.  Over all I give my Trophy experience a 10 out of 10. I wish they would come out with new Trophy, but since they are not that I know of, As of today I am really eyeing the new Honda Goldwing....

To add to Triumph company.... I had a 17 explorer with an issue, bought it new. After being in shop for 5 months, which really did not bother me as I had Trophy and other bikes to ride. Believe me, I did call every couple weeks, but I thought why be a total ass cause as stated I had other bikes. In fact Triumph gave me a new Explorer to ride while mine was in shop, I put over 5,000 miles on it. It was a new 15 Explorer that the dealer had left over, Triumph replaced my bike with a brand new 17 bike, full warranty. Am so happy with treatment from Triumph that I bought another  new 17 Explorer, my son ride with me at times.

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Shields
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2021, 11:36:48 am »
Nice job William, but why does having a Low Battery warning cause so much joy?

Really 100,000 is brilliant and here is to the next 100,000.  I'm way behind at 71,000 on my 2016 but in my defence, I had 60 odd thousand on my 2013 before I got this new one and like you pretty much trouble-free; just the sort of thing you'd expect when you use them.
Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

Offline Stephane

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Edmonton
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2021, 05:40:11 pm »
That's impressive
Previous bikes: Yamaha FZ-09, Yamaha FJR 1300, Kawasaki Vulcan 900

Online speighty58

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 TTSE
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2021, 10:05:41 pm »
encouraging !

Offline mmlanes

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Angelo, TX
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2021, 09:40:48 pm »
Congratulations, William!

I am hoping to get mine to get that far.  Still a ways to go at 66.5k.

So does your TPMS still work intermittently, or have the batteries completely failed?

Just asking because my TPMS batteries are original, giving the same message off and on, and I was contemplating getting them replaced at the next tire change.

But if I can get 100K out of it with the TPMS batteries working intermittently, I may just let it go.
Twisted Trophies Charter Member

Offline tdragger

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Fredericksburg
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2021, 03:26:35 pm »
Congrats. That an awesome achievement.

My 2015 with 94k just went into the shop with a charging system issues. Either the alternator or the decoupler.  Thankfully I have the extended warranty.

Since it would be guaranteed to be fixed by next month's Iron Butt Rally, I bought a well cared for 2016 that will be used for the IBR.
-------------------------------------
06 Triumph Rocket III
15 Triumph Trophy SE

IBA #609 (formerly 42146)

tweedy-bunch