Another Ride to the Ledges State Park by iowabikerider
[Today at 02:02:38 am]

Spinning the bobbins by Trophyed-Up
[Today at 12:41:36 am]

Another Forum Newbie by bobv07662
[Today at 12:27:40 am]

Another Newbee Question - Excessive Heat by Saddle Tramp
[Yesterday at 09:46:32 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trophy 1200 2003 fuel tank  (Read 405 times)

Offline AntonB

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 2003
Trophy 1200 2003 fuel tank
« on: March 14, 2021, 09:29:11 pm »
Hi guys!

Checked the valves on the Trophy 1200, 2003 model and did a rookie mistake. I have not exactly marked the fuel lines of the tank.

I could also not find anything in manuals or YouTube what could provide an answer to my question: Does someone has a picture/video/manual of how the hoses should be installed to the fuel tank? I have marked the "main" vacuum and fuel hoses and put them back on, but... There are 2 tubes (one of them is probably vacuum tube) at the "end" of the fuel tank (close to the seat), one of them is leaking fuel if it is held in a certain way.

What hoses should be installed to those pipes?

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Trophy 1200 2003 fuel tank
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 11:17:21 pm »
I don't think I will find any answer to your problem, as this forum is from the Trophy 1200 from the year 2012 onwards ...
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 07:46:45 am »
*Originally Posted by AntonB [+]
Hi guys!

Checked the valves on the Trophy 1200, 2003 model and did a rookie mistake. I have not exactly marked the fuel lines of the tank.

I could also not find anything in manuals or YouTube what could provide an answer to my question: Does someone has a picture/video/manual of how the hoses should be installed to the fuel tank? I have marked the "main" vacuum and fuel hoses and put them back on, but... There are 2 tubes (one of them is probably vacuum tube) at the "end" of the fuel tank (close to the seat), one of them is leaking fuel if it is held in a certain way.

What hoses should be installed to those pipes?

I would check the fuel tap doesn't have a damaged diaphragm. This will cause fuel to leak out of one of the pipes. Service kits, including a replacement diaphragm, are available from Sprint Manufacturing.
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline AntonB

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 2003
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 08:01:02 am »
*Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
I would check the fuel tap doesn't have a damaged diaphragm. This will cause fuel to leak out of one of the pipes. Service kits, including a replacement diaphragm, are available from Sprint Manufacturing.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Have actually replaced the vacuum kit and gasket of the fuel tank.

However I am not completely sure if you understood what pipes I meant. They are not connected to fuel tap in any ways. 2 pipes are located far away from the fuel tap.

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 10:31:09 pm »
Are you talking about the carb vent pipes? They just hang down the back of the gearbox in front of the swing arm.

Warning - If you haven't done it already / don't know about it, do this before you put the tank back on. The two fuel hoses going into the T pieces on the carb common rails have small filters INSIDE the hoses at the carb ends. Take the hoses off at the T piece, you should be able to pick the nylon filters out without too much trouble as they are just push fit but be cautious as they are often brittle.

I'll try to get a photo tomorrow if you can't find one online.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 10:33:58 pm by sin_tiger »