Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Calling All "Twisted Trophies"  (Read 2503 times)

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Calling All "Twisted Trophies"
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2021, 12:02:05 am »
The road trip that Mahaflac and I had planned to Harrison, Arkansas just got shelved due to some horrendous weather forecasts there and all points in between for me.  Riding Arkansas terrain and twisties in the rain would be great training, but not fun, for 3 days.  Coupled with a rainy trip up and back we decided to shelve the idea for the time being and try a ride to lunch when weather permits to plan another attempt to do a trip.  Right now the forecast is rain here for the entirety of next week, so RATS!  Gorgeous day after the rain quit this morning and got some errands run and now some clouds are starting to build again, so I wait, some more.  Even Big Bend forecast is not good.  Staying tuned for more news.
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Saddle Tramp

• Trophy Master
  • Have Trophy, Will Travel
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 TTSE - Black
  • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2021, 12:27:18 am »
Sorry to hear that Buddy, but maybe I will be able to join you for a rescheduled ride.
Probationary Twisted Trophies Member (Non-Texan)

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2021, 12:28:06 am »
trophy, I have you as a nice and favorite person for me. Therefore, you shouldn't even have to consider bad weather days in terms of inclement weather. I see you very well prepared for such unforeseen inclement weather.

So go ahead and to the Bull, yes, I would appreciate if you could put a photo of the United States.

In Spain, for any outing that takes place, they always put photos.

When I go on a trip, believe me, I never look at the provisions of the time, if the weather catches me bad it is simply good, you see that I wear good clothes and if necessary, we stop and put them on and continue the trip.

My next trip for this year if due to the pandemic I can. It is going to Istanbul and believe me I care less about inclement weather. What interests me the most is that normally we can enter that country and the necessary visas and passports.

Once that trip was finished, the next one would be to go to the United Kingdom and then to the United States and from there I would have everything done, since I mounted the balloon and did it and they give me or give me. because ... I hope I never arrive. LOL.

Take good care of yourself and I think you know that I appreciate you ...
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2021, 01:35:04 am »
I'm not worried about rain, it's thunderstorms I don't particularly enjoy, especially in our area lately since hail has been involved with a lot of them!  It's that unpredictable time of year.  Usually is one or two months earlier than this.  Good riding gear makes it possible, but riding severe elevation changes and tight, 15-25 mph twisties doesn't make it enjoyable for several days straight.  I ended up crossed up in the rain on a wet river bridge in a 15 mph turn once and didn't really laugh (and still don't) about it, so I prefer that not happen again.  In my mind I saw myself going over the railing and 20 feet down, to a shallow, rock bottom, fast river below before I even got it straightened out.  Brains work so much faster than muscles!  Electricity speed and all!
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2021, 01:52:33 am »
I'm sorry to read that situation, the important thing is to get out of those difficult situations and be able to tell about it.

But there are times when once you are inside it is impossible to go back ...

On some occasion I have found myself in a situation that I would never wish on anyone who would be in that situation on a motorcycle. But as I say, there is no going back and the only way is to throw the blanket over and look ahead and see what happens to get out of such a situation.

It's not easy, I know. But there is no choice but to continue and afterwards, God will say and the rest will remain in memory to be able to tell friends

Offline Swat

• Trophy Member
  • Founding Member of the Twisted Trophies😉👍
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Hot Springs
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2021, 03:29:13 am »
Sorry to hear about your Cancellation.
Yep weather can cause issues.
Just replan 👍
Ride Safe
Twisted Trophies Founding Member

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2021, 08:11:24 am »
For the case that I explain. A withdrawal on time is good.  :028: :028: :028:

Online 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
  • City / Town: Dallas TX
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2021, 06:43:50 pm »
Rain is a issue but this time of year is Thunderstorms with Lighting and  🌪 are no fun.
I have ridden in hail a few times, cars slow down and all I wanted to do was get the heck out of there.
IBA # 59602
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

tweedy-bunch