Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sirius/XM Radio  (Read 1237 times)

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Sirius/XM Radio
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 10:02:25 pm »
This is what I have managed to introduce in the Trophy and as I say, nothing that varies with the disastrous quality of the FM, DAB or USB stations. The quality and the stereo it gives is spectacular. I also add that I have incorporated the Trophy's stereo, and two additional amplifiers, one for Sobwoofer and one for Stereo. I think I remember that they give a power of 80w per channel.

The sound equipment that I have in the Trophy, incorporates the Sirius / XM Radio, I will connect the satellite antenna to see what kind of information comes out.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline LB36K

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Sacramento
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2021, 03:59:39 am »
It may be worth adding to this thread,
XM states 'if the signal is ever of poor quality have them resend a fresh signal to your device' that it may resolve the problem.

Offline fluxxcomp

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Francisco
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2021, 06:12:49 am »
If I read the thread correctly you are streaming via cell phone. That then has nothing to do with the satellite antenna reception. (the sirius satellite is not "visible" in Europe, just like I have no Astra TV here in California...)

I suggest you use some streaming service like Spotify on the cell phone- you can create your own playlists or follow others or "radio stations" (not in the traditional FM radio though). In case of Spotify, you can keep 3000 songs downloaded on the phone (which requires a significant amount of memory- a ball park of 50-100GByte for the music). Once the music is downloaded, it will no longer use your data plan. Ideally, you download from any free WiFi or from the home WiFi. Then, you have your favorites to listen to even in the spotty covered areas.

I noticed as well that the sound quality of the FM radio is not great, the iPhone via USB or Bluetooth sounds much better.

Cheers, Fluxxcomp