Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Trip Machine Grip Wraps  (Read 529 times)

Online brenchley

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2021 Honda Gold Wing
  • City / Town: NE Florida
Trip Machine Grip Wraps
« on: April 02, 2021, 09:01:40 pm »
When I first started riding the TTSE, I liked the slender grips.  I installed the heated grips, which were, likewise slender.  However, I started wearing out the grips, particularly the left one.  I installed Grip Puppies to save wear and tear - I had used them on previous bikes.  I've been using them for a few years but have never been quite satisfied with them on the TTSE.

In December last year, I received Trip Machine black grips wrap - they're made of leather and come in a few colors. It's a more slender profile than the Grip Puppies and, likewise, fit over the original grips.  I like the feel better, they hold up in rain (to include heavy Florida rain) and the heat seems to come through a little better than Grip Puppies.  They look good.

https://www.tripmachinecompany.com/collections/handlebar-accessories/products/leather-grip-rolls?variant=5998020821021
Former 2014 Blue TTSE
IBA #69644

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: Trip Machine Grip Wraps
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 12:33:41 am »
Kind of like golf club or tennis racket grip wrap!  Nice looking solution. :028:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline Rick505

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Albuquerque, NM
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 02:43:19 pm »
As an alternative "solution" look at Bicycle shops in person or online for handlebar wrap.  Many styles and materials from plastic to cork to possibly leather.  Since it is designed to cover an entire handlebar I suspect the two rolls would cover at least two sets of grips.  I like options.  :002:

Offline Yellow jacket

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017Trophy
  • City / Town: Portland, Ore.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2021, 03:20:42 pm »
I'm wondering if they would work as well if you double wrapped them, or triple. My hands need a fat grip.