Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Seat Height  (Read 3607 times)

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
Seat Height
« on: September 09, 2013, 03:18:56 PM »
Hello - first time posting here.

I currently own a 2010 Triumph Thunderbird.  I love the bike, but the only thing that has kept me off a sport touring bike is my arthritic right knee - it's painful to bend it too much. 

I read that the Trophy is more relaxed than some sport-touring bikes, so I took one out for a 32 mile test ride on Saturday.  I love the bike - it fit me well and my knee did well, but it's right about the limit so a little more seat height would be nice.  I also read that the US seat is shorter than the standard seat used in other Europe.  Is it possible to get a taller seat for this bike?

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Seat Height
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 03:39:17 PM »
Hi engage....  :400: to the forum!

I visit Grand Rapids once or twice a year from the UK with work, next time I am coming over I will give you a shout!

triumph offer a standard seat height and a lowered seat ( thinner foam ) both of which I believe have 2 height settings you can use..
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 03:47:14 PM »
yes,  but do the US models come with the lower seat such that if I ordered a comfort seat it would be higher?

Please do contact me when in GR.  We have some great riding around here and I have two bikes.

Offline slowGEEZR

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Round Rock
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 03:58:09 PM »
According to my dealer and and other posts on this site, the tall seat is standard in Europe and the short seat is standard in the US.  It is one thing that I don't understand why Triumph just doesn't allow each individual purchaser decide, as surely there are some in Europe that would prefer the lower seat and some in the US that would prefer the higher seat.  I would rather have the tall seat for the same reason, more legroom, less bend at the knee and it irks me that Triumph forces me to pay for the privilege of the tall seat option.  Oh well, such is life.  I'll probably get an aftermarket seat anyway. 
-Regards,
 Steve

Offline john348

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: sprint1050 tiger955
  • City / Town: Farndon
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 04:23:31 PM »
One of the other threads confirm there are different seats for different markets and it looks like USA get the low seat.  All seats low or high, heated or not have 2 settings High and low.  I think it was also said that it was possible to get the high seat in America.  I would have thought it could be a condition of purchase.  I find on low if I ride wiht the balls of my feet on the rests After a couple of hours I get stiff knees.  On high or instep on rests no problem.  But my knees are shot with too much sport and crashing when I was racing.

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 08:49:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by enGage [+]
yes,  but do the US models come with the lower seat such that if I ordered a comfort seat it would be higher?

Please do contact me when in GR.  We have some great riding around here and I have two bikes.

Thanks for that engage.... Very kind and generous offer.... Hopefully I will get over in summer one time.... Always seems to be winter!  :190: :190: :190:
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

tweedy-bunch