Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: No idle no start  (Read 2569 times)

Offline Leanover

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 trophy se
  • City / Town: Mörlenbach
Re: No idle no start
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2021, 05:26:27 pm »

It's hard to know how Long it will take to reset I use a few hours as it has worked for me with the suspension fault codes that don't show in the system.  The best way is with a diagnostic program.  Strangely if I just reconnect the battery the fault still shows but  if I reconnected the battery let the bike do it's sweep then remove a battery lead for a few seconds then reconnect properly the fault clears. 

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2021, 05:49:03 pm »
The function of the rear suspension takes the tensions from the control module tes, the lowering medium and high tensions, also from the front left shock absorber and front right shock absorber.

Hence, when disconnecting and reconnecting for a few seconds it will restart again. It is still a module with an electronic circuit and as such ...

With the diasnostic tool you can carry out some tests and make checks of the mentioned voltages.

I think I remember that according to the fault, it also leaves a DTC and clears it when the ignition is disconnected from the motorcycle.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Leanover

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2021, 06:06:33 pm »
We will be off topic very soon.  But  TES faults are not shown in the memory, maybe it has its own computer.  Back on topic the problems here are not going to be solved by disconnecting a battery.  It seems like a MAP sensor might be the problem but this problem can only really be solved with the diagnostic program and being there. !!

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2021, 06:41:32 pm »
It does not quite square me since even if the MAP sensor is disconnected, it will obviously fail, but it should keep the vehicle revs and respond normally when opening and cutting the gas.

I do not know if it would be necessary to purge from the purge valve, since it is a motorcycle from the United States and as such, they have a carbon container system incorporated.

I do not know that system, but it could be that air has entered it and it is not working correctly.

Offline Leanover

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2021, 07:22:32 pm »
It could be many things even a loose spark plug.  I would go back and check everything from cam timing, valve clearances and slowly and carefully resemble.  Checking  all  electrical  connections. a  diagnostic program like tuneecu or dealer tool I would describe as essential

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
Re: Sin inactividad sin inicio
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2021, 07:40:05 pm »
Exactly and you are absolutely right.

Possibly a small problem, but from a distance, we have very little information (photos, video, etc) to identify your problem.

Offline R1der851

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: North Carolina
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2021, 03:06:10 pm »
Just ordered the Dealer Tool. Since my last post I have installed a new chain tensioner. That did quiet the engine.

Running and starting issues still persist. I have had times where I can start the engine without touching the throttle. If I leave it to idle and adapt. It dies about the time the cooling fans are running. The bike is on a battery tender while idling so it isn't a voltage issue. I have had an instance where the engine goes straight to 4000 rpm on startup then settles down. More often, I must disconnect the hose from the MAP sensor to start the engine. I still do not have full throttle. I have tried to move the butterflies when I twist the throttle (key on engine off) but the motor holds them solidly in place at maybe 25% no matter how far I twist the throttle. They also will not move from idle without throttle input. I have pushed them open then switched on the key and they flicker a bit then find idle.

I finally got the bike on the road and put 45 miles on it. Do not trust the bike to idle so there was a lot of throttle blipping. Cruise control works. Accelerate, decel, resume. All work. Don't understand how the cruise works if the throttle motor is faulty. Seat of the pants you can feel the lack of full throttle. Mainly in the higher gears when you twist the gas the bike pulls for a second then it stops pulling.

Digital I got thinking about the hose for the MAP sensor when you mentioned the purge valve. I sprayed throttle body cleaner down the hose from the MAP sensor. That hose turns many ways under the fuel rail and appears to have 2 fittings at each throttle body. I could see the cleaner squirt out of one spot when I open the throttles. I couldn't see what the other hoses do.

I'm now up to 11 codes.

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2021, 06:06:35 pm »
Until you check the throttle body and the throttle sensor with the tool, we do not know their behavior, if the throttle sensor is faulty or out of adjustment, it could do things like the ones you mentioned, also the state of the throttles can do something similar .

That is why it is important to know their status, so as not to touch anything else, since without knowing the status of both, you could touch some other things and then it can be difficult to adjust everything manipulated.

In the event that the throttle sensor is correct and the throttle setting has been checked, then once discarded it will be to look for the fault elsewhere.