Main Trophy Boards > Audio, Sat Nav, and Intercom

Garmin Zumo connector compatibility

(1/3) > >>

fluxxcomp:
Hi all Zumo user, my trophy came with a Zumo mount, but without device.
1) are all Zumo version fit the same connector / mount?
2) which one is the "best" (visibility in California sun, screen size, voice quality over BT, other quirks you noticed)?
3) can I update the maps over the Internet? does it cost extra?
3) anyone selling his or has a tip where to get one for a reasonable price?

Thanks (and apologies if this has been answered previously, maybe @coconut can reply with the link :-)

Coconut:
I would expect that you have either the Garmin 600/660 or 595 Cradle fitted.

They ARE different and you can't use the 600 series in a 595 cradle or vice-versa :

For bright sunlight I would recommend the newer Garmin Zumo XT .

Specifications for all available Garmin models are available at www.garmin.comm

p.s. the "@" tag is not used in this Forum, which relies on Members reading Posts,
or being contacted via the Private Message system.  I do try and read all new Posts !

Cheers  :821:

1675:
I have a Zumo 350 and the cradle is different to the ones shown by Coconut.
Mine only has 2 pins to supply power to the device.

sin_tiger:
If you can, post an image of the mount you have so it can be identified and hopefully you'll get more specific help

The 660 is a very solid, reliable and stable unit with pretty good audio quality. It's still a "current" device and should be able to be updated to current maps. Due to their popularity they come up used quite frequently sub 100. I have had no issues connecting the 660 to the Trophy SE, Cardo (Schuberth SRC), Sena (10U) or Samsung phones up to S5.

fluxxcomp:
Thanks for all your replies. I am away from the baby until Tue  :191: So I will post a picture then.
From what I remember it looks like a 595 cradle, it read "Zumo" on it too and did not have that "cheeks" with the screws in.

Specially to Coconut: We expect nothing less than reading it all  :046: I line up with all those who buy you a beer when in the area (San Francisco).

Are the maps kept current at Garmin? Does it tell me the "Scenic route with the twisties" ? I am only used to the TomToms and the iPhone apps of this world that guide you on the boring, short route and at best avoid traffic.

picture next week...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version