Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Terry's Custom Seats  (Read 1539 times)

• Offline StreetCred

• Trophy Member  ‐    31
    • Topic Author

Offline StreetCred

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2014 Blue Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Cedarburg, WI
    Terry's Custom Seats
    on: Apr 26, 2021, 05.39 pm
    Apr 26, 2021, 05.39 pm
    Hi Everyone,

I'm not a fan of the stock seat and wanted to have some custom work done on it.  I contacted Terry's Custom Seats last fall and got in line to have my seat worked on in February.  Shipped it to him in early January.  I didn't hear anything from him by the end of Feb. so sent an email asking the status of the seat.  He responded that due to an illness things are going to be pushed back 2 to 3 months.  I could wait or have my seat shipped back to me.  Given the short riding season in WI I wanted my seat back.  I said we could try this again at the end of the year.  I haven't heard from him since.  I've sent a few more emails with no response.

Has anybody recently dealt with him?  I'm to the point that if I want to ride, I'll have to buy a new seat.
    Previous bikes:
    1985 FJ600
    1984 FJ1100
    2003 Aprilia RST1000

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4985

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Re: Terry's Custom Seats
    Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2021, 08.34 pm
    Apr 26, 2021, 08.34 pm
    I could send you my low non heated seat as a loaner if you could send it  back once yours is done.  I have 2 low seats, one of them is still brand new and I was saving that one to have it rebuilt.  Your welcome to my original that is still in great condition if you're interested.  Shipping both ways to Wisconsin could get pricey though.  If you were to have to buy a new one you may get free shipping, or reduced shipping from Hermys in Port Clinton PA.  They probably have the low seat in stock.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline StreetCred

• Trophy Member  ‐    31
    • Topic Author

Offline StreetCred

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2021, 02.54 pm
    Apr 27, 2021, 02.54 pm
    Thanks for the offer Trophied!  I have a feeling the shipping of the seat back and forth from TX to WI would be a bit pricey.  I've found a few seats out on eBay that aren't too bad.  I've sent another email to Terry to check on him and the status of my seat.  I'll have to make a move at some point here.  Gonna be in the mid to upper 70's here today.  That's beautiful for this time of year here.  Really getting the itch.
    Previous bikes:
    1985 FJ600
    1984 FJ1100
    2003 Aprilia RST1000

• Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro  ‐    346

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
    • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
    Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 03.00 pm
    May 14, 2021, 03.00 pm
    This isn't normally my approach to this kind of thing, but...

Terry and his wife are great people. They are overwhelmed with some very serious health problems that Terry is fighting through; in no way are they scamming you or otherwise intending to inconvenience anyone. They are simply overwhelmed.

My advice is to find a seat on Ebay, and get a spot in the line for RDL or whatever your alternate choice is. I completely get that you shouldn't have to incur expense on this, but consider that you're doing them a great service just by having your seat be one less thing.

• Offline StreetCred

• Trophy Member  ‐    31
    • Topic Author

Offline StreetCred

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 03.49 pm
    May 14, 2021, 03.49 pm
    I was in no way suggesting that they were trying to scam me.  I know about Terry's health issues and feel terrible for him and his family.  They have posted on Facebook that they aren't taking any new orders and are trying to answer emails. 

He has contacted me and sent my seat back to me with a totally unnecessary apology.  Really?  No apology is needed.  I'm fine with waiting to see if Terry starts back up after recovering.  If he decides to hang up his scissors and thread and retire then I'll explore option #2.  Just wishing the best for him.  Judging by the messages on Facebook he has a very loyal following.
    Previous bikes:
    1985 FJ600
    1984 FJ1100
    2003 Aprilia RST1000

• Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro  ‐    346

Offline dietDrThunder

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: '12 S10 '15 TTSE
    • City / Town: Nashvegas, TN
    Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 04.04 pm
    May 14, 2021, 04.04 pm
    *Originally Posted by StreetCred [+]
    I was in no way suggesting that they were trying to scam me.  I know about Terry's health issues and feel terrible for him and his family.  They have posted on Facebook that they aren't taking any new orders and are trying to answer emails. 

He has contacted me and sent my seat back to me with a totally unnecessary apology.  Really?  No apology is needed.  I'm fine with waiting to see if Terry starts back up after recovering.  If he decides to hang up his scissors and thread and retire then I'll explore option #2.  Just wishing the best for him.  Judging by the messages on Facebook he has a very loyal following.

I didn't think you were saying that...I was just making sure :)

The funny thing here is that I'm pretty sure they don't like me much, because I gave very specific instructions for a seat to build years ago, and I wasn't happy with the completely unusable seat that resulted from those instructions not being followed. But, that has nothing to do with them being great folks, and they are.

• Offline STJIM   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    444

Offline STJIM

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE ( Blue )
    • City / Town: West Michigan
    Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 02.01 am
    May 22, 2021, 02.01 am
    I had a Russel Day Long Seat made this winter for the TTSE I acquired last year.  It was the third RDL seat I have purchased. 

I've been very happy with all of them.  I like to do some LD ( IBA ) riding.  I don't know anyone who hasn't been satisfied with their RDL seat.
    IBA #35372
    BBG  5-2014  SS3K 9-2020
    Great Lakes 100 :  2011/2019/2022
    2015 TTSE , 2008 Concours C-14
    1998 ST1100

tweedy-bunch