Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: MIL/ DTC Self Daignosis via TTSE Menus?  (Read 319 times)

Offline Rhannigan

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Nicholasville KY
MIL/ DTC Self Daignosis via TTSE Menus?
« on: May 09, 2021, 01:07:37 am »
Hi Triumph Friends,

(Emailed Coconut too)

One week ago, I left the key in the accessory position and ran the battery down. I started the battery with my nifty pocket sized battery starter but the MIL came on while on the road less than 10 minutes later and remained on ever since. I've started the engine 4-5 times since the initial battery resurrection start and the MIL remains illuminated.

It is a 2014 TTSE and wondering of there is a system self diagnosis menu option to determine the DTC or do I need to take it somewhere to get the code? Or should I assume the light remains on because the battery died and should I just clear it out somehow? Is there a way to clear it out?

Let me know if anyone else has had a similar story.

Thanks Friends,

Rob H.

Online T800XC

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
...we are reviewing telemetric information in our mission simulator and will advise...

Offline Rhannigan

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Nicholasville KY
Re: MIL/ DTC Self Daignosis via TTSE Menus?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 04:40:55 am »

Thanks man, that totally helps. Not only do I not have to worry I also confirmed I have the 1.04E S/W version. Thanks alot!

Rob

Offline digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 05:07:27 am »
I understand that you have left the ignition key in the accessories and garage position, or whatever we want to call it.

If that has been the case, it is normal that the battery has been depleted, with the key in that position, the rear light of the motorcycle remains on and if it is daytime, you do not realize that it remains on and in fact if you do not you turn around to see the bike, you don't even notice.

Some time ago I left in the photo gallery of this forum a scheme that I designed to cancel the rear light when we leave the position of the key in that position.

As for the MIL light, it could be any bullsh#t that having no battery, some DTC has arisen. Simply, erase that DTC and run again with the bike
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 05:43:25 am »
This is a Link to the Topic about How To display DTCĺs
on the Instrument Panel, where you can also download
a document listing the various DTCĺs and their meanings etc :

Servicing Data, Reference Info, and DTC ( Fault ) Codes.

Scroll down to the Reply dated March 11, 2015.