Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: So, what do you do for a living?  (Read 17860 times)

Offline Aussiegit

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy se
  • City / Town: Gosport
Re: So, what do you do for a living?
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2021, 01:41:32 pm »
great thread guys.
I started off as a motorcycle courier in the early 80`s. cx500 ex police BMW's kawa gt750 to name a few.
unfortunately I was caught speeding a few to many times (occupational hazard of the job).
so I was standing outside southwark magistrates court minus my licence , when I looked up and saw the immortal words "become a postman".
so I did. 33 years later I'm still there. I'm now a manager of a unit for my sins. love riding my trophy and looking forward to many trips in the future.
10 years to go till retirement, I hope I'm still riding the trophy then. :152:

aussiegit.

Offline Kiloecho

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Knoxville Tennessee
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2021, 03:08:42 am »
 :440:, donít tell Mama Iím a pilot, She still thinks a Iím a piano player in a whore house. If you have to tell her, lie and say itís a Boeing!

Offline brenchley

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2021 Honda Gold Wing
  • City / Town: NE Florida
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2021, 11:06:51 am »
*Originally Posted by Kiloecho [+]
:440:, donít tell Mama Iím a pilot, She still thinks a Iím a piano player in a whore house. If you have to tell her, lie and say itís a Boeing!

Ha-ha-ha!  Old joke but still amusing...

https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/dont_tell_my_mother_im_a_politician_she_thinks_i_play_piano_in_a_whorehouse
Former 2014 Blue TTSE
IBA #69644

Offline TriumphTwo

• Trophy Member
  • Triumph fan
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Sprint ST, TTSE soon
  • City / Town: Hann. Muenden
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2021, 06:15:10 pm »
Great to read all the careers here! So many different professions!

I started as a mould maker,  then developed/set up car and bike exhaust/muffler filling devices for endless glass fibers worldwide, switched to repairing turbine firextinguishers, oxygen cylinders and flight deck restraints for planes and helicopters, became accountable for the station, short excourse to technical writing, then teamleader maintenance for helicopter gearboxes, rotor heads and other dynamic components, now becoming HSE in the same company, which hopefully will be the last station before retirement.  :084: still 10 years to go in theory...
Will enjoy (getting it in a month) riding the Trophy on long distance tours, while using my Sprint ST for the trip to work and having fun cornering deep and fast. Everything needs balance! :821:
"For the hair rising sound of a triple"
counting down to the day i get my TTSE (August 7th 2021)

Offline OK_Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2016 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Enid, OK
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2021, 01:10:58 am »
Retired now.  Teach economics at the local college part-time for something fun to do.  :017:

tweedy-bunch