29 Jan 22, 10:04 am

Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Excited Newbie  (Read 2750 times)

• Offline TriumphTwo

• Trophy Member  ‐    59
    • Topic Author

Offline TriumphTwo

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Triumph fan
    • Bike: TTSE 2013, Sprint ST
    • City / Town: Hann. Muenden
    Excited Newbie
    on: Jun 27, 2021, 05.26 pm
    Jun 27, 2021, 05.26 pm
    H@all,

"For the hair rising sound of a triple"

My name is Michael, i am nearly 55years old.
    I live in the middle of Germany, a beautiful town named Hann. Muenden.

Please accept my apologies for any mistakes in translation or mistypes, I havent used my english for quite a bit.

Currently I do not own a 1215SE yet, but I have one "reserved" for me, which I hopefully will pick up in 6 weeks, early August this year, due to lack of time , the bike is nearly 400 miles away from here.
    I own a 1050 ST, which I will keep at least for the moment, since I love the character of it.
    I got into the I-want-a-Trophy-mode in the Harz-Mountains, when a 1215 SE parked next to me, and I had a chat with the owner. He had a ST before and convinced me to have a deeper look into the Trophy, being more comfortable
    A few weeks later, I had a test ride on a silver one, which was for sale. Ride was OK, but the bike semmed a bit rough, scratches and dents here and there on the fairing and the cases. Other projects pushed the Trophy in the background, but I had an eye on the market.

I found someone selling his, since he wants to buy himself a new bike as a birthday gift for his 60th Birthday. Ill do the same with the 1215 SE for my 55th birthday  :001:. Its Blue, like my ST, so I consider it to be a perfect pair. For the current owner it is a perfect situation, he knows his bike will be sold, but he can still use it to drive around until he has the new one (or Ill pick the Trophy up, whichever occurs first  :038:)

Anyway, I am looking forward to become a Trophy-owner soon, and I am looking forward to get to know all the enthusiasts here. I am member of TMOC Germany, and the 1215SE will be my long distance Tourer. So I am planning to visit Triumph / Trophy  meetings all over Europe whenever my time (and Corona) allows me to do so. I joined this forum, because I would like to benefit from others experience to avoid silly mistakes, and offer mine whenever wanted.

You all take care, stay healthy and enjoy life.

Whenever you come to Germany, consider yourself to be invited to my place. I live in a beautiful area with loads of good routes nearby ("Weserbergland", "Solling", "Harz" and more). We have a bit space in our home, and we can offer a couch or a bed.

Until soon!

Kind regards
    Michael
    "the hair rising sound of a triple"

• Offline RedMerle   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    869

Offline RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: Trophies, Tiger 1215
    • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
    Re: Excited Newbie
    Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2021, 06.24 pm
    Jun 27, 2021, 06.24 pm
    Hello Michael and welcome.

Pleas dont concern yourself with your English, its excellent 👍

Youll find a great deal more space on the Trophy after your Sprint; itll be interesting to see how much it gets used after the Trophy arrives.

Do you have any photos to share yet?
    13 Tiger 1200 Red, White & Gold  - 2013 to date
    14 Trophy 1200 SE Ruby Red - 2021 to date
    15 Trophy 1200 SE Silver - 2021 to date
    Im not fussy, as long as its built in Hinckley or Solihull and tours, or goes off road, Im happy!

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4776

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2021, 06.53 pm
    Jun 27, 2021, 06.53 pm
     :400: to the forum!
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline TriumphTwo

• Trophy Member  ‐    59
    • Topic Author

Offline TriumphTwo

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Triumph fan
    Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2021, 07.44 pm
    Jun 27, 2021, 07.44 pm
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

The plan, so far, is, to use the ST for the daily business, go to work, quick run to visit a friend etc.
    The Trophy will be used for touring with my wife. I am riding my bike quite a lot, to work and back is more than 30 miles, plus the touring, whenever possible. So both bikes will have their share. According to my plan   :084:

I do agree, that the Trophy is much more convenient (which is one reason why Im buying it) , but at least for the moment, the ST is quicker to maneuver and getting started. Also, in Germany is no speed limit, and once or twice a year I like highspeed on the highway. Im still a child when it comes to speed, so I know my ST gets to the rev-limiter in top gear. Bord computer tells me, that happens at 176 mph. I only do that on empty highway with 3 lanes each direction.Its legal, so why not?

Everything has its time, place and distinction.
    My wife complains that the ST is nothing for long tours for her, she changed her mind, when we tested the TTSE. Shes the main reason for my buy. She has no license, but she loves riding on a motorbike as a passenger, so she pushed me to do it. a luxury problem, I guess :745:

The only pictures I have from a TTSE is from the testdrive. Thats when I really got infected...

Cheers!

Best regards
    Michael

• Offline RedMerle   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    869

Offline RedMerle

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: Trophies, Tiger 1215
    • City / Town: St Cleer, Cornwall
    Reply #4 on: Jun 27, 2021, 07.55 pm
    Jun 27, 2021, 07.55 pm
    Im looking at something very similar to yours right now 😁

It might wind up feeling like a long wait!
    13 Tiger 1200 Red, White & Gold  - 2013 to date
    14 Trophy 1200 SE Ruby Red - 2021 to date
    15 Trophy 1200 SE Silver - 2021 to date
    Im not fussy, as long as its built in Hinckley or Solihull and tours, or goes off road, Im happy!

• Offline bobv07662

• Trophy Pro  ‐    309

Offline bobv07662

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Rochelle Park, NJ
    Reply #5 on: Jun 27, 2021, 08.08 pm
    Jun 27, 2021, 08.08 pm
    Welcome Michael! :400:
    1978 Bonneville    1973 Trophy Trail TR5T
    2012 Thruxton      1976 Hodaka ED250
    2014 Trophy SE    1950 Vincent Rapide
    1976 Yamaha RD400C 1969 Rickman 8 valve
    1978 Yamaha DT400E

• Online digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2610

Online digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    • Bike: digital
    • City / Town: Barcelona
    Reply #6 on: Jun 27, 2021, 09.08 pm
    Jun 27, 2021, 09.08 pm
    Welcome Michael.

Don't worry about English, I'm not fluent in English at all. But with the translators I am defending myself.

You are going to have a great machine for both running and traveling. You have highways that are for running and the best of all is that you respect motorcycles a lot. Two years ago we crossed Germany from South to North and I remember that the highways were under construction, there were sections where we put the Trophy at 180 km / h but there were always cars that passed us and in the sections of work there were retentions and the cars moved away to one side so the bikes can pass. Here in Spain they do the opposite, they get together so that the motorcycles do not pass.

On July 16, if the issue of Covid-19 allows us, they do not expect a long journey of about 7,000 km. At the moment I am already preparing the bike to leave for Turkey.

Greetings
    Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

• Offline TriumphTwo

• Trophy Member  ‐    59
    • Topic Author

Offline TriumphTwo

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Triumph fan
    Reply #7 on: Jun 27, 2021, 09.14 pm
    Jun 27, 2021, 09.14 pm
    Thanks for the warm welcome Bobv and Digital. and also thanks for winding me up, RedMerle ;-)