Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Strebel Air Horn installed!  (Read 3284 times)

• Offline fluxxcomp   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    99
    • Topic Author

Offline fluxxcomp

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Martinez
    Strebel Air Horn installed!
    on: Jul 07, 2021, 06.17 pm
    Jul 07, 2021, 06.17 pm

After dwelling, studying and youtube research... I finally removed almost all skin from the bike (Thanks, Coconut and EZ Moto Tim) and get some wires in to hook up some stuff!
    One thing is a Strebel Air horn. I simply removed the old "Meep-Meep" and connect the original cable to a relay, ran the high Amp cable directly from the battery and place the horn in the right niche where the radiator air exits.

Now I am keeping my fingers crossed the ambience is not deforming the plastic like it happened to one of us where the horn touched the exhaust pipe...
    I can create a little photo story if there is interest here. Will update after some rides in the warm California climate...

Here is the result in 3ft distance (skin still removed, inside the garage):

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2831

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    • Bike: digital
    • City / Town: Barcelona
    Re: Strebel Air Horn installed!
    Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2021, 04.39 pm
    Jul 08, 2021, 04.39 pm
    How does the horn fare with ambient heat and tailpipe outlets?

I honestly don't like where it is as it covers the air vents and it is not good to focus the accumulated heat on the cylinder block and cylinder head.

Obviously there is not much place to place that type of clason, maybe it fits, I don't know, but there is a gap under the dashboard between a bar next to the switchboard, in that area I have a subwoofer installed for the sound. system.
    Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

• Offline fluxxcomp   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    99
    • Topic Author

Offline fluxxcomp

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #2 on: Jul 08, 2021, 05.14 pm
    Jul 08, 2021, 05.14 pm
    Hello digital, thanks for your reply!
    I am sharing your concern about the ambience temperature. I will keep an eye (and a thermometer during my test rides) on it and let you know if there is any deformation after riding. I have not finished my upgrade work yet (I still need to wire the auxiliary lights and mount them on the crash bars, wire the switchback lights in the blinker and finish the GPS mount), therefore I did not ride yet.

I am not happy about the sound and contemplate better speakers and an amplifier. You mention a subwoofer- Now, THATS a plan!  :062: Can you post some pictures? what speaker? how does the woofer case (if any) looks like?

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2831

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2021, 05.29 pm
    Jul 08, 2021, 05.29 pm
    I will be available here for any information you need until next Thursday.

According to the language translator, I understand that he says that he is not satisfied with that type of horn. So, I ask you, don't you think it would be better to install a set of horns like the ones I have installed, they both sound at the same time and I assure you that they do not disappoint anyone, when you press the button on the clason all vehicles and people move away .

On the other hand, I understand that you ask about sound speakers, am I right?

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2831

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2021, 05.56 pm
    Jul 08, 2021, 05.56 pm
    In the following link you can see the pair of horns that I have installed in the Trophy, both are connected in parallel to a relay that you must install (in your case you already have the relay) since the consumption of both horns is very high and is essential install a relay.

https://www.amazon.es/Potente-Electrica-Universal-Vintage-Caracoles/dp/B08NVMBN2C/ref=pd_day0_1/260-8713038-7705052?pd_rd_w=dWe6p&pf_rd_p=0ff21a3e-4297-4047-87ec-ba06b6bc995e&pf_rd_r=AS5K5ZV16JGDG9X1K6MX&pd_rd_r=e595a2be-2d72-4d17-97c8-0c2762d8316f&pd_rd_wg=XGnzU&pd_rd_i=B08NVMBN2C&psc=1
    Last Edit: Jul 08, 2021, 06.02 pm by digital

• Offline Trophyed-Up   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    186

Offline Trophyed-Up

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Chesapeake Va.
    Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2021, 07.05 pm
    Jul 08, 2021, 07.05 pm
    I had a Strebel horn installed in the same way.  I don't know if it was the heat or a problem with the horn but it did not last long.  Two or three months after the install it became very weak, barely worked.  I have a couple horns similar to Digital's installed now using the same relay I had used with the Strebel.  So far so good.

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2831

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    Reply #6 on: Jul 08, 2021, 07.24 pm
    Jul 08, 2021, 07.24 pm
    Perfect, hahahaha. Honestly, with the horn that comes out of the factory Trophy, I felt ridiculous every time I hit the horn button. It is unfortunate that a great motorcycle and with the money it is worth, comes out with such a horn. Not even a 50cc moped carries something like this ...

• Offline fluxxcomp   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    99
    • Topic Author

Offline fluxxcomp

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #7 on: Jul 08, 2021, 09.26 pm
    Jul 08, 2021, 09.26 pm
    *Originally Posted by Trophyed-Up [+]
    I had a Strebel horn installed in the same way.  I don't know if it was the heat or a problem with the horn but it did not last long.  Two or three months after the install it became very weak, barely worked.  I have a couple horns similar to Digital's installed now using the same relay I had used with the Strebel.  So far so good.

Well it is too late for me to return it to Amazon... I might as well "grill" it. Did your device deform visibly?

I start looking into an alternative with separate compressor and metal air trumpets, I guess...

tweedy-bunch