My 40,000 miles Service by smash
[Today at 11:38:21 am]

Helmet mic interference from the bike by digital
[Today at 09:30:02 am]

Heated Grip - Replacing the wire only? by digital
[Today at 09:27:13 am]

New Trophy owner from Dunnsville, Va by digital
[Today at 09:23:29 am]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Best windscreen ever!  (Read 943 times)

Offline Jeffb

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Columbus OH
Best windscreen ever!
« on: July 24, 2021, 01:22:18 am »

I was working on the bike, and took it out for a test ride before putting the windscreen back on. I was surprised and amazed at the smooth, un-turbulent air that flowed over the bike. I thought, "This bike is MUCH better without the windscreen on!"  But of course, that would look stupid. Looks like nobody is making shorty screens for our bike anymore, so I decided to cut down my OEM. (I've been using a VStream for several years.) I am VERY pleased with the result. With the screen fully lowered, it's like that day I rode with no screen: full blast of very smooth air. I can raise it so that I'm fully engulfed in a quiet pocket of still air, and only in the highest setting is there any hint of back pressure. Anything lower than full up and there is no push on the back at all. There are very noticeable, and useable, changes throughout the adjustment range. Before, with either the OEM or the VStream, I always rode with the screen fully down and never moved it. I made it more narrow, and now my arms and shoulders get air flow. I'm astonished at how much I'm liking it- it really is the best windscreen I've ever had on a bike.

Online smash

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
Re: Best windscreen ever!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 04:24:05 am »
I bought a Cee Bailey sport screen before they got out of the motorcycle business.  I agree that shorter is the best way to go for smooth air flow.

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
  • City / Town: Maybole
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 12:10:07 pm »
Nice job  :028: something I've often considered, nice to know it works.

Offline Yellow jacket

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017Trophy
  • City / Town: Portland, Ore.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 04:06:13 pm »
I did a similar screen cut down also. Same height at the center, but angled down to just above the brackets. I'll try the triangle hole at the bottom next. Same blast of air in the low position for those hot days. Successful project.

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 12:46:17 pm »
*Originally Posted by Jeffb [+]
astonished at how much I'm liking it- it really is the best windscreen I've ever had on a bike.

Horses for courses.....you obviously don't ride in North East England in winter  :745:
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

Offline earthman

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2021, 07:55:51 pm »
*Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
Horses for courses.....you obviously don't ride in North East England in winter  :745:

I'm with you, I ride all year round here in the UK, the standard screen and being able to alter it's height at the touch of a button is great, for me personally I can find the perfect height/amount of protection for all seasons. :002:

Offline Jeffb

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Columbus OH
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 12:42:58 am »
I do most of my riding when it gets into the 90s F - I'm looking for AIR!!!   :008:

Offline Yaga1973

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 TTSE - Blue
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, TX
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 01:34:14 am »
Looks fantastic!  Did you try the new screen design before you placed the triangular hole in it?  If so, how much difference did it make with air flow?
Ride safe, ride often!

One of the "New" Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies