Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Triumph QC issues  (Read 1746 times)

Offline GizmoRider

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE A1
  • City / Town: Durham, NC
Triumph QC issues
« on: September 15, 2013, 03:45:17 pm »
Triumph quality control seems to have gaps.  I posted some of this in the Welcome section.
I picked up my new Trophy SE on Friday the 13th, with a bit of a hitch in the getalong.  When going over the bike, we discovered that the TES programming was missing.  Missing as in never loaded from the factory.  The techs in the shop got on the phone with Triumph tech support and loaded the TES on the bike.  Finally got on the road after a couple of hours, between signing paperwork, and the TES glitch.  I had other stuff to do, so I only had time for a hundred miles of break-in.
Finally had time late Friday evening to just sit on the bike with the manual, and go through the menus, and I discovered that the audio system was non-functional.  Nothing.
Back to the dealership Saturday morning, and they got it right in the shop.  Power through the fuse to the system, but nothing happening.  Lots of head-scratching, plugging in USB devices, etc.  Eventually the tech just pulled the fuse and plugged it back in, and voila!  Audio system appears!  Go figure.
How does Triumph let a bike out of the factory without discovering that kind of stuff?

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
Re: Triumph QC issues
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 04:45:12 pm »
I'm finding that I have to pull the audio fuse every so often to get a reboot done so the audio system will work. It just dies for no reason and pulling the fuse seems to reboot it and it works fine for a while longer.

Offline zeakers

• Non Active
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: DE
Re: Triumph QC issues
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 09:38:26 pm »
I find I am only this problem when the iPhone is connected via USB port.

tweedy-bunch