Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Pannier liners  (Read 7250 times)

Offline ThickBrit

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2 x Trophies (80k+)
Pannier liners
« on: December 24, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »
Anyone else invested in the pukka item? I've always had cheap ones from eBay on previous bikes.
The Triumph ones are all branded up; very smart, with a shoulder strap and even plastic feet so the base doesn't soak up water whilst you've plonked one on the ground whilst dealing with the other one. One is plenty for a few nights away.
Only slight criticism is that the fabric is rigid (at the moment) and quite thick, so you do lose a bit of volume.

Offline gogs01

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200RT SE
  • City / Town: Dundee
Re: Pannier liners
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 04:26:23 AM »
I'm a fan of pannier liners.
For years I resisted, worried about losing storage space (travelling with wife, so space at a premium). Having to carry panniers into hotels and getting legs, carpets etc covered in road dirt is not a great idea. Then I was given some liners for my (then) Kawasaki GTR1000.  Fairly cheap-looking, plasticky things which took up little or no space and were water resistant, and worked very well. I used them on the GTR and Trophy 1200 and only went to "bespoke" items when I was bought liners for my first R1200RT. Quality items which I still use.  I still have the Kawasaki ones lying about if they're any good to anyone ......

Offline Triplemania

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »
Hi,

I have the liners for the Triumph panniers which are the same as I had on my Sprint GT and they are brilliant. As you say they are rigid and I would not think that would change (don't want them to), they are proper suitcases. My wife and I use one each for up to eight days (at the moment) or so away and the overnight bits go in the top box in a rucksack. So when we stop for the night it's rucksack on and carry the two cases.

As far as volumes go we were given some advice a lot of years ago for touring on a bike........lay out on a bed what you think you need to take and halve it, it's worked for us.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »
I've orded the liners too.
Was told this would be a worthwhile investment.
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Trophy Oz

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Blue
  • City / Town: New South Wales
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 12:23:30 PM »
Hi Guys,  Do the pannier liners fill both halves of the panniers? Is there still room once the liners are full to put something in the lid and then close the pannier?  I have used pannier liners in my other bike and they worked quite good when we were travelling.  Planning a big trip at the end of the year so looking at getting some liners.

Offline Chaos

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Hoyland
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 05:56:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Trophy Oz [+]
Hi Guys,  Do the pannier liners fill both halves of the panniers? Is there still room once the liners are full to put something in the lid and then close the pannier?  I have used pannier liners in my other bike and they worked quite good when we were travelling.  Planning a big trip at the end of the year so looking at getting some liners.

Hi OZ

One of the few extra's that I've invested in  :028:
When full they do fill the pannier's with not a great deal of room left  :138: But in my opinion they are worth it.

Chaos
Ride long & prosper.
Live to ride. Ride int rain.

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 03:34:32 AM »
Very timely guys, I'm about to order mine at first service tomorrow, with the top box. Thanks for the info.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline Trophy Oz

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE Blue
  • City / Town: New South Wales
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »
Thanks Chaos,  I think I will go an order a full set. :821: