Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Position lights for increased visibilty  (Read 217 times)

Offline TriumphTwo

• Trophy Member
  • Triumph fan
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE 2013, Sprint ST
  • City / Town: Hann. Muenden
Position lights for increased visibilty
« on: October 10, 2021, 12:01:14 pm »
Hello at all,

I found something, which I believe increases my TTSE┤s visibility, it┤s a very small but powerful position light.
It is E-approved, which makes it legal for usage on german roads (and I assume the rest of EU also).
I chose this LED-position-light, although it┤s fairly expensive, but comes with approval
It┤s called Kellermann Atto, rough description is here: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Kellermann-ATTO-POSITION-LIGHT-GETOENT/dp/B07GTLTVWJ/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=kellermann+atto+position&qid=1633862613&sr=8-4

The finger you see is not a thumb, it┤s my little finger, that┤s how small they are.
These little babies, where the manufacturer says, the light surface fits 4 times on a (Euro) cent coin, are clearly an improvement.

I just placed them on the fog-light clamps, provided by Tralex, they are pointing slightly downwards, to avoid dazzling the traffic, which I think would be counter-productive. If someone┤s dazzled, he will not see you either.

Even in sunlight they perform well:
https://hippenet.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/YouCut_20211010_120443518.mp4

To me it looks like they are creating the extra spot of light, making me feel to be seen a bit earlier. And they consume no space either.
The video shows what i consider to be a big advantage, a bit away they create quite a spot of light, once they get closer, they do not disturb general visibility.
And if all fails, I still have my Foglights to show I┤m here.

Have a great time!

Kind regards
Michael

« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 12:25:27 pm by TriumphTwo »
"the hair rising sound of a triple"

Online digital

• Trophy Master
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: Position lights for increased visibilty
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 01:19:28 pm »
Those led spotlights look good quality.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE
  • City / Town: Tynemouth
Re: Position lights for increased visibilty
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 09:15:55 am »
*Originally Posted by TriumphTwo [+]

I found something, which I believe increases my TTSE┤s visibility, it┤s a very small but powerful position light.
It is E-approved, which makes it legal for usage on german roads (and I assume the rest of EU also).

We don't worry too much about the EU anymore  :008: but I followed Coconut's installation and fitted bullet type supplementary lights inside the wheel arch.  Has worked very well over the last year or so.  Link here I think:
https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,7542.8.html

[/quote]
Ken Hastie
TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB