Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Cost of Service!  (Read 2166 times)

• Offline Grubloon

• Trophy Pro  ‐    194

Offline Grubloon

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Altrincham, Cheshire
    Re: Cost of Service!
    Reply #16 on: Nov 10, 2021, 05.10 pm
    Nov 10, 2021, 05.10 pm
    I've just noticed a little paragraph on my dealers charges, they say that Triumph recommend that the fuel pipes are changed every four years, if that is the case why was it not mentioned at my last service, and in 2016.

If this is the case, my fuel lines are now nine years old, more to the point am I now going to suffer a catastrophic disaster because they are old, or is it another way of getting more money out of Triumph owners.

:084:

• Offline Novocastrian   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    621

Offline Novocastrian

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: TTSE
    • City / Town: Tynemouth
    Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2021, 07.53 pm
    Nov 10, 2021, 07.53 pm
    *Originally Posted by GarminDave [+]
      I have been told my 80,000 mile service is 970.  This includes the valve adjustment and shims, all fluids including brake flush.

I was also told my discs were below the wear limits and quoted 700 for three new discs and pads.  I have priced the parts on Fowlers and they come to 477.  I have a full new set of pads I bought from an ex TTSE owner on this site at a very reduced price compared to new and I'm now looking for aftermarket discs.

Final update when we are back together on the road again.

Hi Dave

Obviously, I'm interested to know the pricing as I live 3 miles from you (across the water LOL)

Had a good blast with the missus aboard today (after her kidney transplant) up to Bellingham and beautiful Northumbrian countryside.  First time back on the bike for her; she's missed it !

Ken

Ken Hastie
    TTSE, a handful of BSAs and an MGB

• Offline sin_tiger   gb

• Trophy Pro  ‐    488

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
    • City / Town: Maybole
    Reply #18 on: Nov 10, 2021, 11.33 pm
    Nov 10, 2021, 11.33 pm
    Squaredeals have a couple of options including EBC at reasonable prices. I just had a look at the set "British Brake Engineering" or something like that, very good quality UK made items.

• Offline OK_Trophy   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    233

Offline OK_Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2016 Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Enid, OK
    Reply #19 on: Nov 11, 2021, 05.33 am
    Nov 11, 2021, 05.33 am
    I just had my 20K mile service done and I have to say that the bike runs a lot quieter.  The service guy said my valves required more shims than normal (not surprising since I was 2000 miles over the normal mileage).  Of course, my wallet is a lot lighter and I will be eating bread and water for the next few months, but the bike is worth it!   :002:

• Offline rpeters549   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    745

Offline rpeters549

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Lowell, Or
    Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2021, 05.52 pm
    Nov 13, 2021, 05.52 pm
    *Originally Posted by OK_Trophy [+]
    I just had my 20K mile service done and I have to say that the bike runs a lot quieter.  The service guy said my valves required more shims than normal (not surprising since I was 2000 miles over the normal mileage).

From what I've heard common for the first to need more adjusting than future adjustments.
    Year round rider here!

• Offline GarminDave   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    1298
    • Topic Author

Offline GarminDave

• Trophy Master
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Shields
    Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2021, 09.55 am
    Nov 17, 2021, 09.55 am
    Wednesday 17th November Update.

The final bill was 1047, the extra was a gear linkage as I was experiencing a sloppy gear action, the 1074 included these parts which I will fit.

The bike definitely runs better.

The Fowler brake parts are the same price as Newcastle because I thought the front discs were 210 for two but that is EACH!  So 770 for Triumph parts to replace two front disc brakes, rear disc, all the screws replaced and new pads all round.

I bought two discs from EBC at 131.91 each when they arrived they had the Gold Hub, this looked horrible on my Black bike so I'm in the process os returning them to have black hubs fitted.

I have a full set of pads.

I hope to reuse the screws because they are 5.58 each and the only reason I can see to change is that the Triumph mechanics time is too expensive to clean the old ones and add a drop of Locktite?

There is no rear disc in stock at EBC at present.
    Love, light, and kindness,

Dave

2016 TTSE

• Offline sin_tiger   gb

• Trophy Pro  ‐    488

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
    • City / Town: Maybole
    Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2021, 12.56 am
    Nov 18, 2021, 12.56 am
    Genuine EBC parts have never given me a problem and they're good helpful people to deal with. With you on the centre colour  :004: