Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hyperflash disable via Dealer tool?  (Read 375 times)

Offline fluxxcomp

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Francisco
Hyperflash disable via Dealer tool?
« on: October 18, 2021, 05:46:51 pm »
I am almost done "LED-ing" my blue Lady all around.

I was wondering if the low current sensing can be disabled in the ECU somehow? (I find it stupid to put 4 ballast resistors into the bike when the blinker is no longer thermo-mechanical. Nobody puts a rotary dial app on an iPhone... except for a joke)

Maybe digital has an idea? 

Offline T800XC

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Tiger 1200 XRT
  • City / Town: English Riviera
Re: Hyperflash disable via Dealer tool?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 06:39:57 pm »
I'm pretty certain that's not an option. The indicators are managed by the instrument assembly which monitors the current being drawn. I've never seen an option to change the trigger current settings in Tritun.

If it's anything like the Mk1 Explorer (similar age) the indicators would draw typically 750mA per indicator (so around 1.5A per side). The instruments were looking for a current load of this magnitude in order to function correctly. A load of less than 1A caused hyperflashing and a load greater than 2A caused a temporary 25s shutdown.

You could fit just 2 ballast / dummy load resistors of the correct value (1 per side) which is half the wiring of adding 4.

I did look in the past to see if a sense resistor could be changed on the instrument PCB, but the current sense electronics were quite convoluted which ruled out that idea.

I repaired a faulty indicator circuit on the instruments from someone at the Explorer forum. You can read a bit on it here...
https://www.tiger-explorer.com/index.php/topic,19274.msg225038.html#msg225038
...we are reviewing telemetric information in our mission simulator and will advise...

Offline digital

• Trophy God
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 07:29:09 pm »
*Originally Posted by fluxxcomp [+]
I am almost done "LED-ing" my blue Lady all around.

I was wondering if the low current sensing can be disabled in the ECU somehow? (I find it stupid to put 4 ballast resistors into the bike when the blinker is no longer thermo-mechanical. Nobody puts a rotary dial app on an iPhone... except for a joke)

Maybe digital has an idea?

The problem is that the flashes for the turn signals come from the instrument panel.
I have replied to your private message.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

Offline fluxxcomp

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: San Francisco
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 08:17:32 pm »
Thanks for your quick answers. I would take on the challenge to mod the instrument logic had I an schematic or a PCB placement drawing...
I have another set of the 6 Ohms laying around so I might as well put them in.

Thanks!

Offline digital

• Trophy God
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 09:51:24 pm »
These days I have been involved with the Can-Bus of the sound team to finish my project with the Alpine sound team ...
Right now I have my head like a hype ... I've finally finished it!

Right now I don't have the head to mess around with the instrument panel electronics again.

As T800XC says, it is not an easy task, but rather a complicated one.

The easiest thing is to do the following:

The front and rear left indicators are linked and by a line, the front and rear right are also linked and by another separate line. They also go to the alarm module in case of (there is an alarm) but in this case we are going to ignore it.

So what I would do is disconnect the two lines from the instrument panel. (Right and left lines), from the instrument panel there are green / red cable left line and it is connected to pin B11 and green / white cable right line and it is connected to pin B20 both cables of the instrument panel.

Once you have disconnected the two cables, you will have managed to cancel the 4 indicators of your Trophy SE in blue.

But it does not end here…
We continued to disconnect cables from the instrument panel, of course, not forgetting the left-side pineapple switches used to operate the right, left, and cancel turn signals.
Yellow / red cable left line and is connected to pin A16 and yellow / blue cable right line and is connected to pin A17.
Finally, we will disconnect the cable for cancellation and it is also yellow / red and is connected to pin A18.

From now on, the party begins !!!
You will need to use two three contact relays and they are special for led turn signal lights, and make the led type bulbs work smoothly. You will not have to install heating elements of any kind (not temperature warming) or headaches.

Now with the two wires from the left line (disconnected from the instrument panel) and two other wires from the right line (disconnected from the instrument panel), a relay needs to be connected to each line. It would also be necessary to connect the cancellation cable.

Already in this pot !!! Ideally, forget about the switch embedded in the same instrument panel for both turn signals for failure and install a button in conditions since the button embedded in the same instrument panel is uncomfortable to put a fault signal, and also costs a lot of put it into operation.

It is difficult to write and make an explanation without electronic schematics. If you are interested and are going to do it, I can make an electronic scheme for this project.
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.