Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] BT headset connection  (Read 1841 times)

• Offline Cross471

• Trophy Member  ‐    35
    • Topic Author

Offline Cross471

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Stevo in Wales
    • Bike: 2015 SE
    • City / Town: Swansea
    BT headset connection
    on: Nov 07, 2021, 06.08 pm
    Nov 07, 2021, 06.08 pm
    I have a Lexin headset..  It connects and works brilliantly with my iPhone.  I tried to connect it to my Trophy (headset 1) and get the no device found response.  However, It is found and connects to Device 2 (which is pointless).  Are there any suggestions to get the headset integrated to the Trophy or should I just ignore it all and just use my iPhone?   Any guidance appreciated.

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10202

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Re: BT headset connection
    Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2021, 11.05 pm
    Nov 07, 2021, 11.05 pm
    Hi Cross471,

I hadn't heard of Lexin Headsets until today !

It's difficult to advise without knowing which Model you have,
    and what it is you are trying to achieve, but I did some research on Lexin's
    "cheapest" current Model ( LX-R6 ) which is specified as Bluetooth 2.1
    with HFP and A2DP profiles, so it should be compatible.

Try this :

Delete all Pairings from the Trophy, the Lexin Headset, and your iPhone.

Put the Lexin Headset in Pairing Mode and search for it on the Trophy as "HEADSET 1"

Once you have established a successful connection of the Lexin Headset as "HEADSET 1"
    you should be able to hear the FM /AM Radio ( when tuned to a Station ) in the Headset,
    and / or any Audio playing from a USB Device connected to the USB Port,
    when the Audio Output of the Trophy is set to "HEADSET" ( not SPEAKERS ).

Once that is working, put your iPhone into Pairing / Discoverable Mode,
    and search for it on the Trophy as "DEVICE 2".

( There are 2 Bluetooth Channels on the Trophy named "HEADSET 1" and "DEVICE 2".
    The numbers represent those 2 channels.  There is no "HEADSET 2", or "DEVICE 1" ! )

Once that connection has been made, any Incoming Calls to your iPhone should be
    displayed on the Instrument Panel, and can be answered with the Handlebar buttons
    as described in the Owners Audio Handbook, but be aware that Outgoing calls can NOT be made.

An iPhone also contains a built in "iPod" which can be used to play Music stored on it, either when
    connected as a USB device, or by Bluetooth when Bluetooth Audio has been enabled in the Trophy Menu.

Cheers  :821:

• Offline dandrumheller   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    198

Offline dandrumheller

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Lebanon ME
    Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2021, 09.24 pm
    Nov 29, 2021, 09.24 pm
    Fellow Lexin user here.  I've only had them for a short time, and honestly don't use them all that much.  But to this point, I've had zero luck getting them to pair directly with the bike system. 

I've tried pairing to iPhone and Android (Samsung Galaxy S20); prefer iphone as the siri trigger works.  The android won't let me use 'hey google' as I need to unlock the phone first - hard to do when it's in my pocket. 
    2015 TTSE.  It's blue.

• Offline Yaga1973   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    358

Offline Yaga1973

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2009 HD Road King
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, TX
    Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2021, 10.07 pm
    Nov 29, 2021, 10.07 pm
    Great write-up, Coconut!
    Ride safe, ride often!

One of the "New" Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies
    2009 Harley-Davidson Road King
    2017 TTSE - Blue (Sold)

• Offline Cross471

• Trophy Member  ‐    35
    • Topic Author

Offline Cross471

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Stevo in Wales
    Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2021, 11.21 am
    Nov 30, 2021, 11.21 am
    *Originally Posted by Coconut [+]
    Hi Cross471,

I hadn't heard of Lexin Headsets until today !

It's difficult to advise without knowing which Model you have,
    and what it is you are trying to achieve, but I did some research on Lexin's
    "cheapest" current Model ( LX-R6 ) which is specified as Bluetooth 2.1
    with HFP and A2DP profiles, so it should be compatible.

Try this :

Delete all Pairings from the Trophy, the Lexin Headset, and your iPhone.

Put the Lexin Headset in Pairing Mode and search for it on the Trophy as "HEADSET 1"

Once you have established a successful connection of the Lexin Headset as "HEADSET 1"
    you should be able to hear the FM /AM Radio ( when tuned to a Station ) in the Headset,
    and / or any Audio playing from a USB Device connected to the USB Port,
    when the Audio Output of the Trophy is set to "HEADSET" ( not SPEAKERS ).

Once that is working, put your iPhone into Pairing / Discoverable Mode,
    and search for it on the Trophy as "DEVICE 2".

( There are 2 Bluetooth Channels on the Trophy named "HEADSET 1" and "DEVICE 2".
    The numbers represent those 2 channels.  There is no "HEADSET 2", or "DEVICE 1" ! )

Once that connection has been made, any Incoming Calls to your iPhone should be
    displayed on the Instrument Panel, and can be answered with the Handlebar buttons
    as described in the Owners Audio Handbook, but be aware that Outgoing calls can NOT be made.

An iPhone also contains a built in "iPod" which can be used to play Music stored on it, either when
    connected as a USB device, or by Bluetooth when Bluetooth Audio has been enabled in the Trophy Menu.

Cheers  :821:

Thanks but no luck unfortunately.  However, I have a G16 model and that may be an issue;  I use it direct from my iphone and it works fine so I will stick with that.  I have another issue though.  The radio will turn itself on (occasionally) when I come to a standstill even though it is turned off (ie not on mute).. 

• Offline Cross471

• Trophy Member  ‐    35
    • Topic Author

Offline Cross471

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Stevo in Wales
    Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2021, 11.24 am
    Nov 30, 2021, 11.24 am
    *Originally Posted by dandrumheller [+]
    Fellow Lexin user here.  I've only had them for a short time, and honestly don't use them all that much.  But to this point, I've had zero luck getting them to pair directly with the bike system. 

I've tried pairing to iPhone and Android (Samsung Galaxy S20); prefer iphone as the siri trigger works.  The android won't let me use 'hey google' as I need to unlock the phone first - hard to do when it's in my pocket.

It took me a while to work out how to get Siri working!  I wish I had a handlebar remote though as feeling for buttons with winter gloves on is a challenge....

• Offline Trophyed-Up   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    193

Offline Trophyed-Up

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Chesapeake Va.
    Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2021, 12.20 am
    Dec 04, 2021, 12.20 am
    You may have to find a bluetooth free zone somewhere to pair your headphones to the bike.  I've had issues around my garage with bluetooth gadgets around the house grabbing the bluetooth connection instead of the gadget I really want to connect to.  My Samsung watch with bluetooth has caused problems too.  While pairing a dongle to my helmet headset I had to walk out into the street away from the house to get things paired up.  My Trophy wil pair up with my Cardo and Uclear headsets but will not maintain a connection while riding. 

• Offline Eftan

• Trophy Member  ‐    45

Offline Eftan

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: trophy 1200
    • City / Town: nelson
    Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2022, 12.02 pm
    Mar 21, 2022, 12.02 pm
    I am sure someone has sorted this somewhere (in fact I vaguely remember doing this in 2015) I have totally forgotten the wizardry so apologise for looking at an old chestnut. I have BT on helmet (Schuberth variant of sena 50s) I connect that to headset /device 1 I have mobile phone (Android) connect to device 2, the sat nav zumo 660 is connected via triumph holder (which apparently connects audio via inbuilt jack plugs...it must since it comes from speakers with no BT connected. So with all that will everything cleverly merge together or am I bound for grief? I think I made the blunder in settings of deciding when menu says Bluetooth (or whatever ) OFF then it is on, the Off being the request to turn off. I suspect the sign needs to say ON and clicking it turns everything off.
    Counter Intuitive?? Have I got all this right, the audio manual is a s much use as a brollyin a hurricane
    A daemon is for life not just Hallowe'en

tweedy-bunch