Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Howdy from Dallas,TX just bought a 2017 Trophy SE!  (Read 1517 times)

• Offline aviseqdas   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    11
    • Topic Author

Offline aviseqdas

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Dallas
    Howdy from Dallas,TX just bought a 2017 Trophy SE!
    on: Nov 10, 2021, 02.12 pm
    Nov 10, 2021, 02.12 pm
    Hi, I am Avi and I just purchased a 2017 Trophy SE from an individual with about 5800 miles and then made a trip to Talimena scenic drive. Loved the bike except I am too short for it and backing up had been a issue and had to ask someone to push me back.

The bike doesn't seems to have been taken care of much and mostly been sitting outside and I plan on thoroughly cleaning and just do a comprehensive maintenance to bring it back to top.

It still rides great but I just like to keep my things like new, so would need a lot of help from you owners on recommendations what to do and what not to do and what best options.

I topped off all the fluids for now, just to test the bike but now intend to do the following

1) Flush the coolant and convert to Engine ICE
    2) Bleed Brakes Clutch and change the rear brake pads For this not sure which is better TuneECU or Dealertool? Which break pads to get?
    3) Change the final oil drive
    4) Change the oil and filter
    5) Give the bike a thorough clean and detail after removing all the body panels and wash the insides to wash off all the dust collecting from sitting in out in open for 5 years
    6) Lubricate all the general moving parts
    7) Install the crash guards and pannier protector, ordered the ones from Spain.

Would also like to update the audio firmware, reset the Service Required indicator and balance the throttle bodies, does TuneECU let you do that?

One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4881

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Re: Howdy from Dallas,TX just bought a 2017 Trophy SE!
    Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2021, 02.42 pm
    Nov 10, 2021, 02.42 pm
     :400: to the forum.  Tigertool and/or Dealertool will fulfill almost every requirement on the Trophy.  The reason I say possibly both is that Tigertool allows you to program new tire pressure sensors in the event the batteries in them go dead and you have to change sensors.  Tigertool is a free download and works with the same OBD cable that is included with Dealertool.  You will need one or the other at the very least to bleed the ABS system.  A lot of us have installed EBC brake pads, and some have even replaced the rotors with EBC or Brembo.  You might want to install some Lust Racing lowering links like many of us that are vertically challenged have done, and at the same time raise the fork tubes in the clamps a bit, 12-14 mm seems the recommended amount, to retain similar handling to stock.  Be very careful removing any plug that is in the radiator, some have had those break the fitting loose and had to replace the radiator.  The oil, filter, and final drive are all a piece of cake to do.  While you have it stripped down you might want to check the torque on the head bolts and if necessary, snug them up to make sure you don't have one of those weepy leaks that can occur if they've loosened due to heating/cooling cycles.  A lot of us have found that the air filter is still in very clean after 10,000 miles in a less than terribly dusty environment, so we only change those at the 20,000 mile major service intervals when stripping the body work off is required.  With what you intend to do you should have many miles of pleasure from the Trophy.

• Offline Maxime   be

• Trophy Pro  ‐    207

Offline Maxime

• Trophy Pro
    • trophy 1200se
    • Bike: Triumph trophy1200se
    • City / Town: Oostende
    Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2021, 02.52 pm
    Nov 10, 2021, 02.52 pm
    Hello aviseqdas and  :400: to the forum.

Greetings

• Offline 2slowTrophy   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    1391

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
    • City / Town: Dallas TX
    Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2021, 04.23 pm
    Nov 10, 2021, 04.23 pm
    Well Hello, Nice to have another Dallas Trophy owner.

PM sent
    IBA # 59602
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

• Offline aviseqdas   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    11
    • Topic Author

Offline aviseqdas

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Dallas
    Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2021, 05.44 pm
    Nov 10, 2021, 05.44 pm
    *Originally Posted by trophied [+]
    :400: to the forum.  Tigertool and/or Dealertool will fulfill almost every requirement on the Trophy.  The reason I say possibly both is that Tigertool allows you to program new tire pressure sensors in the event the batteries in them go dead and you have to change sensors.  Tigertool is a free download and works with the same OBD cable that is included with Dealertool.  You will need one or the other at the very least to bleed the ABS system.  A lot of us have installed EBC brake pads, and some have even replaced the rotors with EBC or Brembo.  You might want to install some Lust Racing lowering links like many of us that are vertically challenged have done, and at the same time raise the fork tubes in the clamps a bit, 12-14 mm seems the recommended amount, to retain similar handling to stock.  Be very careful removing any plug that is in the radiator, some have had those break the fitting loose and had to replace the radiator.  The oil, filter, and final drive are all a piece of cake to do.  While you have it stripped down you might want to check the torque on the head bolts and if necessary, snug them up to make sure you don't have one of those weepy leaks that can occur if they've loosened due to heating/cooling cycles.  A lot of us have found that the air filter is still in very clean after 10,000 miles in a less than terribly dusty environment, so we only change those at the 20,000 mile major service intervals when stripping the body work off is required.  With what you intend to do you should have many miles of pleasure from the Trophy.

Thanks you I already installed the T-rex lowering kit because it was available in Dallas locally, not sure I need to lower it further I guess, since it is adjustible I am not sure how to meaure the 20 mm which suppossed to drop the bike by an inch.

Do you have a link to the instructions for doing the front fork adjustment?

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2732

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    • Bike: digital
    • City / Town: Barcelona
    Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2021, 07.56 pm
    Nov 10, 2021, 07.56 pm
    I have taken from the photo gallery a photo of División399 (I hope he doesn't bother), to mark where I place Reí's foot.

I place the vernier caliper between the marks marked in red.

To raise and lower the bars, I put the bike on the center stand, remove the wheel and everything that is attached to the bars, for example the fender. It is about leaving the bars free, I loosen the upper screws of the seatpost where the two bars are anchored and loosen the lower screws.

In this way, once the screws are loose, I could raise or lower the bars, to raise or lower them, I make a small turn to the bar, at the same time as I raise or lower the bar that I am adjusting at that moment.

Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    9941

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2021, 08.19 pm
    Nov 10, 2021, 08.19 pm
    Hi aviseqdas and :400: to the Club !

• Offline HACKLE   au

• Trophy Master  ‐    1277

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
    • City / Town: Trafalgar
    Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2021, 12.03 am
    Nov 11, 2021, 12.03 am
     :400: aviseqdas to both Trophy ownership and of course the Forum. So much knowledge is available from members, all you need do is ask. Cheers.  :821: :028:
    HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

tweedy-bunch