New member WA USA by Danodemotoman
[Yesterday at 10:52:24 pm]

Trophy Heated Seats. by karl andrews
[Yesterday at 09:43:09 pm]

Looking for Trophy Workshop Manual by Bikernut
[Yesterday at 02:06:13 pm]

Garmin Zumo XT on Sale at Cycle Gear by Saddle Tramp
[Yesterday at 01:52:52 pm]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: They are among us. A unexpected motorcycling encounter.  (Read 239 times)

Offline Division399

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: '17 Triumph Trophy S
They are among us. A unexpected motorcycling encounter.
« on: November 21, 2021, 05:16:28 pm »
Riding the rush hour in the dark Friday night, approaching a three lane red light, a white truck sped down the one empty lane and hard stopped at the light. I dropped in behind them about a car length of space between us. It's an older Toyota 4Runner, white with dark windows. I am on my black Trophy. Traffic is filling the intersection. I had left my office minutes before and seeing the Toyota lit by my headlight I realized my hi-beams we're on (I typically have them on during day riding). I toggle them off and in that precise moment everything changes.

The Toyoto driver stamps on the gas and blows the red light, into the intersection, violently swerves between cars directly in his path and accelerates into heavy traffic ahead, weaving and lurching between 3 lanes. I am sitting in a cloud of ammonia stinking exhaust fumes. WTF just happened?

Then I get it. I am sitting on my big black Trophy, wearing a full hi-viz yellow jacket, a white flipped-up modular helmet with microphone boom...and I have white LED auxiliary lights blinking from behind my fairing cowl. The moment I dropped the hi-beams, my attire and those LEDs clearly came into focus for that driver and he reacted instantly. He thought I was a cop.

With hindsight I might have been lucky that they did not choose to reverse and ram me before speeding off - so reckless was their departure.

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
Re: They are among us. A unexpected motorcycling encounter.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 05:39:56 pm »
Soooo, kinda makes you wonder why they wanted to run away from the police, huh.  Good thing it wasn't one of those that will just get out and start shooting at a police officer! :005:
One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

Offline digital

• Trophy God
  • Trophy SE 1200
    • View Profile
  • Bike: digital
  • City / Town: Barcelona
Re: They are among us. A unexpected motorcycling encounter.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 10:35:55 pm »
 :008: :745: :821:
Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.