Pit Bull stands fitment? by HACKLE
[Today at 02:36:21 AM]

Another South Devon member by HACKLE
[Today at 02:17:04 AM]

New Trophy (to me!) by trophied
[Today at 12:41:41 AM]

starting woes by trophied
[Today at 12:39:32 AM]

Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Still can not make my mind up  (Read 4261 times)

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
  • ride safe (Harley, Dylan, Milo.)
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy SE
  • City / Town: grimsby
Still can not make my mind up
« on: September 20, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »

Hey All  :158:

Which screen to get the cal sci or the larger triumph one :087:
trophy4me (Andy)

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Still can not make my mind up
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 05:21:59 PM »
went for the larger Triumph's
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 05:58:05 PM »
Hi

How did you find it ? , quality and did it reduce wind :002:
trophy4me (Andy)

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 06:14:35 PM »
 :431: cannot really tell, when I took the demo for the first time the bike was equipped with it, I found it so pleasant and convenient that I just told the dealer to put one on mine....
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline NeXTer

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE(L) 13
  • City / Town: Link÷ping
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 07:41:38 PM »
I will say this, the Calsci screen doesn't have anything on the touring screen when it comes to the finish and fitting the bike properly.

The Calsci is less form-fitting which can put strain on the arms causing them to bind at speed, they also cause the ends of the plastic brackets to bend somewhat which means you probably need to replace them if you decide to go back.

The surface of the Trophy touring screen is harder making it more resistant to scratches whereas the Calsci is made of softer material which scratches much more easily.

I would also say that with the Calsci you need to think of it as a fixed screen rather than an adjustable one, or more accurately, you should get it so that it is at the ideal height for you when you have it in the bottom position. It isn't designed to be raised and it will give you issues with buffeting if you do (I suppose it makes the binding thing a non-issue). Don't make the same mistake I did thinking a lower screen can just be adjusted, it can't and you'll have wasted your money.

Airflow-wise the Calsci screen directs the air upwards more since it has a slight lip, while the Triumph screen curves backwards giving a much flatter airstream, that pretty much goes straight in the face.

I think the Calsci screen would be a fair bit quieter when you have the right one, but I'm unable to confirm this except that blocking the hole in my medium height one and raising it to just below eye level pretty much removed all turbulence and gave a really quiet ride (maybe I'm on to something here, maybe they should sell a version without the hole cut into it?).

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 08:57:39 PM »
Hey NeXTer

Thank you for your help, Given what you have said i think for now i will stick with what i have :152:
trophy4me (Andy)

Offline Trumpetman14

• Trophy Pro
  • You Gotta Love her!
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Wendell, NC
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 11:54:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by trophy4me [+]
Hey NeXTer

Thank you for your help, Given what you have said i think for now i will stick with what i have :152:

Take a peek at our earlier posts and pics of the "large" CalSci screen for the TTSE. You will see it is gorgeous. I have put over 5000 miles on mine, mostly at 75-85 mph highway speeds, rain, wind, sun, dust storms, hurricanes, earth quakes and suitcase nuclear devices! Happy to say, no buffeting, no leaking, no problems w/the control arms, electric motor etc and I use it in every conceivable elevation for all the various riding speeds, weather conditions etc. Quiet, adjustable, reliable, clear ( no scratches after dozens of washings and waxings). I highly recommend you re-consider! -Dr Ron :038:
Growing old MAY BE mandatory...But
Growing up is OPTIONAL !!

Offline trophy4me

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 07:03:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Trumpetman13 [+]
Take a peek at our earlier posts and pics of the "large" CalSci screen for the TTSE. You will see it is gorgeous. I have put over 5000 miles on mine, mostly at 75-85 mph highway speeds, rain, wind, sun, dust storms, hurricanes, earth quakes and suitcase nuclear devices! Happy to say, no buffeting, no leaking, no problems w/the control arms, electric motor etc and I use it in every conceivable elevation for all the various riding speeds, weather conditions etc. Quiet, adjustable, reliable, clear ( no scratches after dozens of washings and waxings). I highly recommend you re-consider! -Dr Ron :038:

Hey Trumpetman13

Thank you, I am 5ft 8in  what size did you order
trophy4me (Andy)