Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Sat nav  (Read 2439 times)

Offline martin2454

• Trophy Junior
  • Martin Gill
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stafford
Sat nav
« on: September 22, 2013, 01:12:33 AM »
Hi, can anyone help. Have had a Triumph supplied sat nav bracket fitted to my bike. When ordered from Triumph dealership, they advised the unit was designed to work with Garmin zumo 220 or 660. I opted for the 220, as it was cheaper. Once the unit arrived the dealership hard wired it to be powered from the bike. So far so good....now the sh#t bit.  The bike blue tooth can see the zumo as device 2 in the blue tooth settings (although this is a bit hit and miss), but the zumo won't pair.  Is it possible for the zumo be be wired to the speakers, so I can find an alternative way of hearing sat nav instructions??? I have a sena headset, but I need this for my phone and music. The zumo does not work with sena, but that's a well known fact.  I hope this makes sense. I'm guessing you can wire these so the sat nav instructions come through the bike speakers, or why else would there be a  nav on function in the Audio settings? Cheers Martin
Martin2454

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
Re: Sat nav
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 06:57:49 AM »
Hi  Martin. I am not familiar with the 220, I have a 660, but the Trophy SE does have an audio in plug provided the 220 has an audio out cable on its wiring harness.

The Trophy audio in is a standard 3.5mm audio MALE and certainly the 660 harness has the female end which just pushes on..
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 07:23:06 AM »
Hi Martin,

Same as cropbiker, I also have the 660, But what I would check is if the garage that fitted the system connected the audio plug to the bike? I know there has been reports on here where they haven't.

Once the 660 was connected there was no need for pairing  (only headset to bike) it worked via speakers or my Scala G9

Hope this helps!

Leak
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 09:18:59 AM »
I just had a quick look at the Spec's for the Garmin 220,
and it says there is NO Audio / headphone Line Out.

Under Bluetooth it says "Helmet or Headset use only",
which probably explains why it won't connect to the Trophy as a "Device".

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but looks like it is only the physical Triumph mounting bracket
that is compatible with mounting the Garmin 220, but not the audio or Bluetooth connections  :191:

Referring back to the advice that your dealer gave you :

"When ordered from Triumph dealership, they advised the unit was designed to work with Garmin zumo 220 or 660. I opted for the 220..."

If they inferred that the 220 features such as Bluetooth and Audio out would work with the Trophy audio system,
then I would take the matter up with them, as such advice would have been wrong.

If you got the 220 from elsewhere, I would still speak to the dealer - to see what they might be prepared to do to help,
and to alert them about mis-advising any other future customers !

If from an alternative supplier, you could try and see if they would accept it back
in exchange for the 660 plus extra £££'s ?   or maybe consider selling on E-Bay or similar ??

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »
That is a bugger Martin.... hope you can possibly exchange it or sort out some form of pairing!
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline martin2454

• Trophy Junior
  • Martin Gill
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Stafford
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 07:51:33 PM »
Thanks guys, looks like ive been given poor advice from my Triumph dealership and I guess im gonna have to accept some blame for not doing enough home work on the 200 spec.  I will try and sell my 220 and get the 660. 

many thanks again. 
Martin2454