Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Hello from Stornoway  (Read 5009 times)

Offline Iain

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Stornoway
Hello from Stornoway
« on: September 22, 2013, 10:32:54 am »
Hello everyone,
I'm a current Sprint GT owner thinking of moving up to the Trophy so I've  joined here to get a feel for how Trophy owners like to bike and any issues they may have.I hope to contribute more indue course!
Iain.
Honda VFR 2002
Sprint ST 2007
Sprint ST 2009
Sprint GT 2011
Trophy SE 2013

Offline Simons Trophy

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Blue Trophy
  • City / Town: Melbourne
Re: Hello from Stornoway
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 11:26:36 am »
Hi Iain & welcome to the forum.
There have been a few issues with the Trophy and you will find details on them all here.
I have had the electric screen playing up and assembly grease leaching out of the forks. Both problems sorted and now have over 7000 klms up.
Every time I ride my Trophy I think  about what an awesome bike it is. I use all the features on it and they all make for a beautiful and super comfy ride solo or 2 up. I can not praise the handling enough along with the electronic suspension. Its awesome!! No weight on the wrists either. Literally 10 minutes into a test ride I was smiling and saying, "oh yes I must have this".
I do multi day and short rides and find it great for both.
I would suggest you take one out for a few hours and see for yourself.
Simon

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 12:18:22 pm »
Hello and  :401: to the forum Iain.  :158:
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 02:45:11 pm »
Iain
 :401: to the forum. Just out of interest would you need to go to Aberdeen for the bike.?
You will enjoy the trophy tho. Great riding your neck of the woods and commute to north Scotland.

Seadog
seadog

Offline cropbiker

• Trophy God
  • Midlands biker
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Worcester
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 02:45:47 pm »
Hi Iain,

:400: :400: to the forum.

Simon has summed things up nicely. There are a few bikes that have had problems... some more serious than others and you will be able to read all about them on here. Most seem to have been resolved to the satisfaction of all involved.

the bike is a great ride and will do all you want of it.... short rides, long rides, tours round Europe, blatts round the highlands. It will charm you with its soul and personality.... Just take one for a ride. Like Simon, I knew within minutes it was the bike for me.
Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 04:14:50 pm »
Welcome to the Forum.   :400:
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 04:59:51 pm »
welcome aboard  :400: wish you can test it soon, you will not be disappointed  :002:
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Iain

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Stornoway
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 06:08:43 pm »
Thanks for the replies.Actually I have ridden the Trophy and also the BMW RT and the FJR.All good in their own way but I think the Trophy is the one I'll be going for.Given that I'm an existing Triumph customer and there would seem to be reliability issues with BMW at the moment.The FJR was lovely and the upgraded model is fabulous but its still a 10 yr old design and the inability to take a top box and panniers is an oversight on a touring bike in my view.

I had an interesting discussion at the Triumph Glasgow(Renfrew)dealer recently.I told him I had bought my present bike from Shirlaws in Aberdeen and asked what trade in they might give for my Sprint GT.He said they wouldn't get in to what he called a "batting contest" with another dealer as they don't like to poach each others customers because they do call on each other for favours from time to time.The trade in that he'd give would be the same as Shirlaws and as their local to me I'd be as well sticking to them.

The issue for me now is do I make the move now or wait till the spring and get the new reg.With winter coming on I'm not really going to get the use out of the new bike.I know my present bike will have lost a bit of value by then but is that reason enough to change now?What do people think?
Honda VFR 2002
Sprint ST 2007
Sprint ST 2009
Sprint GT 2011
Trophy SE 2013

tweedy-bunch