Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Went for a ride on my Trophy  (Read 2995 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

  • Offline Saddle Tramp   us

    • Trophy Master  ‐    1475
    • ****
    • Topic Author

    Offline Saddle Tramp

    • Trophy Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 1475
    • Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE - SOLD
    • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
    • Country: us
    Went for a ride on my Trophy
    on: Jan 04, 2022, 07.49 pm
    Jan 04, 2022, 07.49 pm
    I would like to start a thread that members can use to describe a ride they took on their Trophy, and hopefully including a photo or two. Given the geographic diversity of our group, I hope it will become a popular means of sharing something of where we live.

    I will start with my ride along a road made famous by the Canadian Singer-Songwriter Gordon Lightfoot. The Carefree Highway runs from Carefree, Arizona westward to it's junction with U.S. Route 60, just east of Wickenburg, Arizona. It's a nice road that becomes a great desert road once you get west of I-17...


  • Offline HACKLE   au

    • Trophy Master  ‐    1296
    • ****
      #1

    Offline HACKLE

    • Trophy Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 1296
    • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
    • City / Town: Trafalgar
    • Country: au
    Re: Went for a ride on my Trophy
    Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2022, 11.43 pm
    Jan 04, 2022, 11.43 pm
     Tramp, I'm jealous of that good looking Russell seat you've got fitted to your Trophy. I.ve considered the airfreight,time and cost issue from here in Australia to The States and return and I can't justify it. I have a friend who has a BMW 1200 RT that is stored for him in The States which has rider/pillion Russell seats fitted as well as his BMW 1200 RT back here in Australia.
     He simply took an extra piece of luggage, with his seats inside on his last trip to America, had Russell redo the seats, so for him it was a cost effective exercise. Sadly I'm not planning on visiting the US anytime soon.
      But as I said at the start, I'm still jealous of that good looking seat of yours. :062:
    HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

    FarRider  #379

    IBA Member  #58060

  • Offline digital   es

    • Trophy God  ‐    2793
    • *****
      #2

    Offline digital

    • Trophy God
    • *****
    • Posts: 2793
    • Trophy SE 1200
    • Bike: digital
    • City / Town: Barcelona
    • Country: es
    Re: Went for a ride on my Trophy
    Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2022, 11.32 am
    Jan 05, 2022, 11.32 am
    *Originally Posted by Saddle Tramp [+]
    I would like to start a thread that members can use to describe a ride they took on their Trophy, and hopefully including a photo or two. Given the geographic diversity of our group, I hope it will become a popular means of sharing something of where we live.


    I think an excellent idea. I will look for a long way and I will post a photo.
    Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.


  • Offline Saddle Tramp   us

    • Trophy Master  ‐    1475
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #3

    Offline Saddle Tramp

    • Trophy Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 1475
    • Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE - SOLD
    • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
    • Country: us
    Re: Went for a ride on my Trophy
    Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2022, 02.24 pm
    Jan 05, 2022, 02.24 pm
    *Originally Posted by HACKLE [+]
    Tramp, I'm jealous of that good looking Russell seat you've got fitted to your Trophy. I.ve considered the airfreight,time and cost issue from here in Australia to The States and return and I can't justify it. I have a friend who has a BMW 1200 RT that is stored for him in The States which has rider/pillion Russell seats fitted as well as his BMW 1200 RT back here in Australia.
     He simply took an extra piece of luggage, with his seats inside on his last trip to America, had Russell redo the seats, so for him it was a cost effective exercise. Sadly I'm not planning on visiting the US anytime soon.
      But as I said at the start, I'm still jealous of that good looking seat of yours. :062:

    The Russell Saddle ainít pretty, but having had several custom Saddles in my lifetime, I can easily say that itís the most comfortable I have owned. It doesnít matter how many miles Iíve ridden in a day, Iím just as comfortable as when I started my ride. Have you ever gotten a quote from Russell?
    Treat yourself my friend. You deserve it!

  • Offline Saddle Tramp   us

    • Trophy Master  ‐    1475
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #4

    Offline Saddle Tramp

    • Trophy Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 1475
    • Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE - SOLD
    • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
    • Country: us
    Re: Went for a ride on my Trophy
    Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2022, 02.26 pm
    Jan 05, 2022, 02.26 pm
    *Originally Posted by digital [+]
    I think an excellent idea. I will look for a long way and I will post a photo.

    Please Do!
    It doesnít have to be a particularly long ride either.
    My ride on the Carefree Highway was less than 150 miles, round trip...   :038:

  • Offline MrB1967   gb

    • Trophy Member  ‐    48
    • **
      #5

    Offline MrB1967

    • Trophy Member
    • **
    • Posts: 48
    • It's not the destination, it's the journey...
    • Bike: TTSE 2013
    • City / Town: Warrington
    • Country: gb
    Re: Went for a ride on my Trophy
    Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2022, 03.48 pm
    Jan 05, 2022, 03.48 pm
    I had a run out last Sunday. Just a quick 150 miles, try out some new clothing and have one last run before laying up for the winter.

    I was planning on missing the band of rain that was passing over the UK so headed up to the Ribble Valley, Bowland and the edge of the Yorkshire Dales.

    Sadly for me, the weather took a turn for the North and I ended up spending five hours out in a downpour of biblical proportions.

    Good test for the new gear though! Which passed with flying colours.

    It was very quiet and peaceful around the lanes; one other motorcycle, a couple of cars but quite a few hardy old guys with legs like walnut, cycling up hills in the rain.

    The TTSE always amazes me with it's competence. Even in atrocious conditions, on tiny debris strewn roads it was sure footed, well behaved and FUN!

    Shame all the cafes were closed though.

    The bike is now washed, fuel stabilised and sat under cover on a battery minder for the next few weeks.

    Roll on March!


  • Offline Saddle Tramp   us

    • Trophy Master  ‐    1475
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • #6

    Offline Saddle Tramp

    • Trophy Master
    • ****
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 1475
    • Here Today, Gone Tomorrow
    • Bike: 2015 TTSE - SOLD
    • City / Town: N. WI / S. AZ
    • Country: us
    Re: Went for a ride on my Trophy
    Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2022, 04.05 pm
    Jan 05, 2022, 04.05 pm
    Given that endorsement, we need to know what gear you purchased!  :028:

  • Offline MrB1967   gb

    • Trophy Member  ‐    48
    • **
      #7

    Offline MrB1967

    • Trophy Member
    • **
    • Posts: 48
    • It's not the destination, it's the journey...
    • Bike: TTSE 2013
    • City / Town: Warrington
    • Country: gb
    Re: Went for a ride on my Trophy
    Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2022, 04.17 pm
    Jan 05, 2022, 04.17 pm
    *Originally Posted by Saddle Tramp [+]
    Given that endorsement, we need to know what gear you purchased!  :028:

    Rukka(!)... and some Altberg RoadRunners. For which I had my feeet 3d scanned back in July and they finally turned up just before Christmas..  :114:

    Worth the wait though and NOT GERMAN  :008:

    You've got to love the old boy that makes them: