Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: SMH10 and iPhone  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Sid001

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Trenton, NJ
SMH10 and iPhone
« on: September 24, 2013, 03:08:19 am »
Has anyone had any luck syncing their SMH 10 with the Trophy and iPhone? I can use the headset and iPhone, the headset and Trophy, but not the headset and iPhone and Trophy. Somehow it cancels each other out. Pretty frustrating.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Berber

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: K1600GTL (Pegasus)
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: SMH10 and iPhone
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 11:23:27 am »
I have a gen4 itouch and have the same problem. I have given up and either use the cable to connect the itouch to the helmet or just use the comms as a helmet to helmet device
'The farther one travels, the less one knows.......'

George Harrison

Offline mototux

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:09:26 am »
As you are not describing the steps you have taken so far, but I can imagine from experience that there have been many  :087: , I will describe what I did below. I have a Scala Q3 paired with the bike and the iPhone. Aside from some other "nasty" side-effects (there's a separate post of mine in the forum about that plus several fellow TT-riders with similar complaints), the configuration/pairing worked for me, at least in principle. It should not really defer from installing a SMH10. I suggest that you first unpair all devices from the TT (and also between the SMH10 and the iPhone) and then start anew. Make sure that the software of your SMH10 is up to date. Not sure if the correct order of pairing is important, but here's what I did:

My first step was to pair the iPhone 5 with bluetooth as device 2 to the TT. This worked flawlessly and once the PIN-code was inserted, the TT accepted my phone just fine. Listening my playlist via bluetooth through the TT-speakers was just a matter of choosing the correct audio-input (by selecting the "M" button on the bike until "ipod" appeared). It was also no problem connecting via USB in the left-hand cockpit-compartment and getting the output on the TT-speakers.

Next I connected my Q3 to the Trophy, which was quite a hassle. It went from: device not recognized (several times) to recognized but no output on my headphones  :233: All I can say, be patient and disconnect, reconnect as device 1 (headphones) as often as it takes. After about 5 attempts I was finally there and could listen to some music. Next I tried incoming phone-calls, which also worked immediately.

What you need to make sure is to select the correct audio-input (bluetooth or USB and "ipod") and output (front-speakers, headphone) on your TT, depending on how you are connecting your devices. In my case, I usually connect the iPhone via USB in the cockpit-compartment (left side). This way, I can listen to music from my iPhone (selecting the correct device-input i.e. "ipod") and accept and answer calls. All of it can be handled and is visible through the cockpit-display of the TT.

As you did not mention the need for communicating with a pillion, I have skipped this part.

Hope this helps.
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.

Offline Sid001

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Trenton, NJ
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 01:56:23 pm »
Thanks Mototux - I tried every configuration but not sure if I tried both USB and Bluetooth for the phone - I tried them either Bluetooth or USB - not both. I will give that a shot. The SMH10 hooks up to the Trophy very easily.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline mototux

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 02:16:51 pm »
Good luck!  :028:
When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.

Offline gtgt2112

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: Manchester
Re: SMH10 and iPhone + Garmin 660
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 04:12:53 pm »
I have just installed two SMH10 headsets, Garmin 660 and Iphone.

Iphone is paired with the 660 and then with one of the SMH10 headsets, that headset was also paired to the Trophy device 2 bluetooth port using the smh10 "media selective pairing" option (7.1 A2DP)

So I can listen to music but sat nav prompts will override the music. Additionally, i guess, if a radar or camera warning device with audio output is plugged into the Trophy audio port under the fairing panel that would also override the music with a warning.

There is a firmware update for the SMH10 V4.3beta which adds the functionality to share music between paired headsets, any sat nav instructions override the music sharing, however the pillion would not not able to hear the command just silence until the music link is re-established, a quick press of either headset jog dial switches between music and intercom.