Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: To Illuminate Audio Switches Another Way  (Read 1162 times)

• Offline Ade52   gb

• Trophy Member  ‐    62
    • Topic Author

Offline Ade52

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Trophy SE 2013
    • City / Town: Durham
    To Illuminate Audio Switches Another Way
    on: Mar 07, 2022, 08.43 pm
    Mar 07, 2022, 08.43 pm
    On a Saturdays (over winter) I usually listern the local match and tinker on the TTSE. In January I removed Wheels and Tyres, then got wheels blasted and powdercoated (Bright Silver) and refited the TPMS batteries, tyres and front wheel bearings. I then found the 3 small led lights I bought (2years ago) to go behind the audio switch, I dismantled the Audio switch put the 3 LED lamps in and was disapointed with the outcome and conluded that even brighter, with more led lamps you still only get light appearing through cracks on the switches. Not really what you would call illuminated switch gear. When putting the switch block back togeather I dropped a screw and used a  telescopic pick up tool to retrive the screw and I had a light bulb brain moment. The pictures below show you the result. It also gives you a picture how to as I imaged it as I was going. I wish I had access to a 3d printer as I would have been able to make the triangle at the lamp end. However, I researched all of the parts from a well known auction site and only started the prodject when all parts were recieved. It took 1.5 football matches to complete, which I think was worth it and it takes away some of the bordem and dissapointment. There is more images on the gallery on how this was put togeather.

• Offline Noggin   gb

• Trophy Pro  ‐    109

Offline Noggin

• Trophy Pro
    • Bike: 13 plate Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Southampton
    Re: To Illuminate Audio Switches Another Way
    Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2022, 10.05 pm
    Mar 07, 2022, 10.05 pm
     Fantasticset up there look forward to being able to purchasing futur ready made kit  :440:

Various bikes, then I grew up !
    1991 Triumph Trophy 1200
    2010 Triumph Sprint GT
    2013 Triumph Trophy 1215

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2740

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    • Bike: digital
    • City / Town: Barcelona
    Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2022, 10.36 pm
    Mar 08, 2022, 10.36 pm
    For this and that it is installed permanently and without anyone being able to touch anything. You must install LED inside all buttons. In the forum I put photos and some diagrams of how to do it.
    Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

• Offline Ade52   gb

• Trophy Member  ‐    62
    • Topic Author

Offline Ade52

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2022, 10.16 am
    Mar 09, 2022, 10.16 am
    Digital - I have seen your post and this I think is a better way to do the switch illumination, Did you notice this sentance "I dismantled the Audio switch put the 3 LED lamps in and was disapointed with the outcome and concluded that even brighter, with more led lamps you still only get light appearing through cracks on the switches". True illuminated swich gear illuminates the transparent switch icons with fibre optics, which cannot be done easily. I just by accident after droppin a bolt and using a pick up tool came up with this sollution, that I thought I would share. Once switched on and positioned, you don't have to adjust it. I also realise it has other drawbacks (it may get knocked and damaged or it may work loose and spin), but I thought I would try it and see what happens when ridden. I do follow your posts and will be looking them up and others when I adjust my valve clearences (next winter), as I don't wish to trust a repair shop with this work. - Ride Safe Ade.
    Last Edit: Mar 09, 2022, 10.26 am by Ade52

• Offline Ade52   gb

• Trophy Member  ‐    62
    • Topic Author

Offline Ade52

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2022, 10.20 am
    Mar 09, 2022, 10.20 am
    Noggin - No its a one off for me but I have no patent or copyright, so please fill you boots when you listern to your losiing football team on the radio
    Ride Safe Ade   :745:
    Last Edit: Mar 09, 2022, 10.28 am by Ade52

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2740

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    • Bike: digital
    • City / Town: Barcelona
    Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2022, 09.06 pm
    Mar 10, 2022, 09.06 pm
    *Originally Posted by Ade52 [+]
    Digital - I have seen your post and this I think is a better way to do the switch illumination, Did you notice this sentance "I dismantled the Audio switch put the 3 LED lamps in and was disapointed with the outcome and concluded that even brighter, with more led lamps you still only get light appearing through cracks on the switches". True illuminated swich gear illuminates the transparent switch icons with fibre optics, which cannot be done easily. I just by accident after droppin a bolt and using a pick up tool came up with this sollution, that I thought I would share. Once switched on and positioned, you don't have to adjust it. I also realise it has other drawbacks (it may get knocked and damaged or it may work loose and spin), but I thought I would try it and see what happens when ridden. I do follow your posts and will be looking them up and others when I adjust my valve clearences (next winter), as I don't wish to trust a repair shop with this work. - Ride Safe Ade.

Yes, I understood. What I want to say is that the system is fine, the only thing that in the way it is installed, here it would last less than a "candy at the door of a school." (they would take it or break it), on the other hand, such intense light is not allowed by law and the police would stop us to fine us...

Regarding the valve adjustment, this page talks about it and I have posted a photo of the "automatic" program that I once designed for my work.

You can see it from here:

https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php/topic,11956.msg133225/topicseen.html#new
    Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

• Offline brenchley   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    542

Offline brenchley

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2021 Honda Gold Wing
    • City / Town: NE Florida
    Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2022, 11.29 pm
    Mar 10, 2022, 11.29 pm
    I was trying out an LED headlamp for additional, general visibility.  Helmet mounted, it lights up the cockpit very well.  Also, it can be adjusted to turn off and on with a head nod.  Might be another method to light up switches.

Former 2014 Blue TTSE
    IBA #69644

• Online Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    9951

Online Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2022, 07.56 am
    Mar 11, 2022, 07.56 am
    brenchley : that's a very neat and innovative solution - I like it !

Do have any details of who makes / sells it ?

Cheers  :821: