Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Seats  (Read 3956 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline enGage   us

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    402
    • ***
    • Topic Author

    Offline enGage

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 402
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy
    • City / Town: Grand Rapids
    • Country: us
    Seats
    on: Sep 25, 2013, 06.03 pm
    Sep 25, 2013, 06.03 pm
    I want to get the taller seat and my dealer is having a hard time finding out from Triumph which seats are the 800mm-820mm variety.  They say the heated seat is taller, but can't get an answer from Triumph on the Comfort seat.  Does anyone know if the comfort seat - SKU #T2308262 is of the 800-820mm variety?

    http://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/Seats/id-T2308262/Comfort_Rider_Seat

  • Offline enGage   us

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    402
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #1

    Offline enGage

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 402
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy
    • City / Town: Grand Rapids
    • Country: us
    Re: Seats
    Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2013, 08.23 pm
    Sep 25, 2013, 08.23 pm
    I checked the UK site and the seat is listed as the taller seat (same part number), so I have gone ahead and ordered it.

  • Offline Keith

    • Trophy Member  ‐    51
    • **
      #2

    Offline Keith

    • Trophy Member
    • **
    • Posts: 51
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy
    • City / Town: Kansas City, MO
    Re: Seats
    Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2013, 03.22 am
    Oct 21, 2013, 03.22 am
    *Originally Posted by enGage [+]
    I want to get the taller seat and my dealer is having a hard time finding out from Triumph which seats are the 800mm-820mm variety.  They say the heated seat is taller, but can't get an answer from Triumph on the Comfort seat.  Does anyone know if the comfort seat - SKU #T2308262 is of the 800-820mm variety?

    http://shop.triumphmotorcycles.com/Seats/id-T2308262/Comfort_Rider_Seat

    Mine came with the short seat (US). I did order the comfort seat and it is taller. My inseam is 32" and can almost flat foot the comfort seat.
    Keith
    2013 triumph Trophy SE
    1977 Honda Goldwing GL1000

  • Offline enGage   us

    • Trophy Pro  ‐    402
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • #3

    Offline enGage

    • Trophy Pro
    • ***
    • Topic Author
    • Posts: 402
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy
    • City / Town: Grand Rapids
    • Country: us
    Re: Seats
    Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2013, 12.36 pm
    Oct 21, 2013, 12.36 pm
    *Originally Posted by Keith [+]
    Mine came with the short seat (US). I did order the comfort seat and it is taller. My inseam is 32" and can almost flat foot the comfort seat.

    That's what I did - ordered the comfort seat.  I have also added 1/2 inch to the seat support brackets.  Any more than 1/2 inch and I think it will get difficult to mate the rider seat with the pillion:


  • Offline cropbiker   gb

    • Trophy God  ‐    4934
    • *****
      #4

    Offline cropbiker

    • Trophy God
    • *****
    • Posts: 4934
    • Midlands biker
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Worcester
    • Country: gb
    Re: Seats
    Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2013, 12.48 pm
    Oct 21, 2013, 12.48 pm
    What's that saying?

    " necessity is the mother of invention!"
    Triumph Trophy! Not for every Tomaz, Dieter or Herman!🇬🇧

  • Online janfmiller   us

    • Trophy Master  ‐    951
    • ****
      #5

    Online janfmiller

    • Trophy Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 951
    • No such thing a bad weather; just wrong clothes!
    • Bike: Was: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Superior Wisconsin
    • Country: us
    Re: Seats
    Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2013, 07.17 pm
    Oct 21, 2013, 07.17 pm
    *Originally Posted by enGage [+]
    That's what I did - ordered the comfort seat.  I have also added 1/2 inch to the seat support brackets.  Any more than 1/2 inch and I think it will get difficult to mate the rider seat with the pillion:



    gives me a 'woody'..  (:>
    1977 Suzuki TS-185
    1974 Kawasaki Z-1 903
    2021 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES NON-DCT

  • Offline Fireman73163

    • Trophy Member  ‐    63
    • **
      #6

    Offline Fireman73163

    • Trophy Member
    • **
    • Posts: 63
    • Bike: 2014 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Miles, IA
    Re: Seats
    Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2013, 02.04 am
    Oct 22, 2013, 02.04 am
    I would have used oak or walnut ...personal preference there ! And maybe a touch of sandpaper and stain just to dress it up ! But a great idea none the less!

  • Offline Ernest T   us

    • Trophy Master  ‐    1092
    • ****
      #7

    Offline Ernest T

    • Trophy Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 1092
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Salado, Texas
    • Country: us
    Re: Seats
    Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2013, 12.26 am
    Oct 23, 2013, 12.26 am
    *Originally Posted by Fireman73163 [+]
    I would have used oak or walnut ...personal preference there ! And maybe a touch of sandpaper and stain just to dress it up ! But a great idea none the less!

    I think that's a prototype!

     



    tweedy-bunch