Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Riding in France!  (Read 10953 times)

Offline Marcus

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
Riding in France!
« on: September 27, 2013, 10:25:45 AM »
I and three others are riding to the Lille area in northern France via the tunnel on Saturday for 3 days.
Has any member been in France recently as there is so much conflicting advise concerning the law and what you can get away with and what you can't. Any help in not getting fined would be greatfully appreciated !!!!  :183: cheers

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy 1200 SE
  • City / Town: by CDG Airport
Re: Riding in France!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 12:03:17 PM »
more than willing to help, but would need more hints about what are you really looking for ? what are your concerns?
An old biker must be a good rider

Offline Roger

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Kent
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 01:48:07 PM »
Hi Marcus

The main thing I would do is ride on the right hand side !

Hope you have a good time

Roger

Offline miss

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: trophy se
  • City / Town: madrid
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 02:50:57 PM »
I suppose you'll want to know, on reflective fabric lay in jacket and helmet, the news that a reader had to take blood alcohol etc

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »
For the time being: reflective device on the jacket are not compulsory, but stickers on the helmet are! This being said I've been riding for more than 40 years and yet have to see a control.
One should carry at least two breathanalyzers but the beauty is if you are pulled over and you don't have them, you won't be fined. (understand who can  :112:)
the legal limit for alcohol is 0.5g per liter of blood, or 0.25 by liter of exhaled air. Above 0.8g in the blood it's an offense and you end up in jail!

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 05:47:03 PM »
You have to carry your own breathalyzer in France???  Two thoughts on that 1) overbearing even for the French government (I feel I can say that because I lived in France for 5 years) and 2) if you provide your own breathalyzer what is to prevent you from tampering with it to ensure that it reads low so you are never in danger of being intoxicated?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Marcus

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 06:03:25 PM »
Cheers Chaps!!
I have got helmet stickers, reflective vest  and the two Breathalyzers just in case .
Will let you know  if La Flick want to do there business by the book :182:

Offline Verdun95

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 06:40:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by w8d4it [+]
You have to carry your own breathalyzer in France???  Two thoughts on that 1) overbearing even for the French government (I feel I can say that because I lived in France for 5 years) and 2) if you provide your own breathalyzer what is to prevent you from tampering with it to ensure that it reads low so you are never in danger of being intoxicated?
the breathanalyzers have to be sealed in their original packing and show a validity date which is not yet expired. if your point is to say this is a kind of stupid regulation, I cannot agree more!

tweedy-bunch