Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Dealer Tool ECU Tester available at reduced cost.  (Read 2435 times)

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Custer, WI.
Dealer Tool ECU Tester available at reduced cost.
« on: September 27, 2013, 01:43:32 PM »
All--

I participated in the recent DealerTool (DT) ECU reader group buy.  After receiving the tool and installing the computer software I had problems connecting to my Trophy.  One of the troubleshooting steps we tried was to replace the interface unit (DT sent me a second interface unit to eliminate it as the source of the problem).  The interface wasn't faulty but we found that there was a compatibility issue between Microsoft's latest drivers and the DT software.  To temporarily fix the problem, I de-selected Microsoft's automatic driver update.  Using DT's drivers I was able to successfully connect to my Trophy and use it to bleed the rear brake (my bike was delivered with air in rear brake system).  Note: DT will be updating their software in October to allow use with updated Microsoft drivers.

Meanwhile I have an interface unit available from our troubleshooting procedure.  DT has asked me to make it available to other Forum members at a reduced price. 

--Papermaker

Here is the note that they sent me:

Hi John,

Just checking all is now well.

Regarding the second kit, rather than incurring the postage cost to return we are happy if you want to pass it on to someone else (your choice if or what you charge for it), we will just charge the new owner of it £24.99 to issue the key-code for it, so someone can get a bargain!

Thank you again for your help with resolving the driver issue. We are now working on updating or new release with the latest windows drivers to prevent reoccurrence. It appears that the new drivers were only made available through windows update about 1 month ago, but it has caused us big problems.

Kind regards
DT.

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Dealer Tool ECU Tester available at reduced cost.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Papermaker [+]

Regarding the second kit, rather than incurring the postage cost to return we are happy if you want to pass it on to someone else (your choice if or what you charge for it), we will just charge the new owner of it £24.99 to issue the key-code for it, so someone can get a bargain!

Speaks well for Dealer Tool.  What are you (not DT) going to charge for the kit?
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 07:26:10 PM »
Hi w8d4it--

No charge, just postage.

--Papermaker

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 10:09:54 PM »
Speaks very well for you as well!
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Leak

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Silver ;-) Trophy SE
  • City / Town: St Austell, Cornwall
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 10:43:32 PM »
Sold to the man in the UK ......
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline Papermaker

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 02:08:44 AM »
Ok, Leak.  The ECU connector is yours.  You'll need the programming CD and an authorization number from DT to use the unit.  Can you send me your address and I'll check postage.

Thanks,
--John