Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Error - "Audio Not Found"  (Read 33267 times)

Offline Sid001

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Trenton, NJ
Error - "Audio Not Found"
« on: September 27, 2013, 05:20:00 pm »
Started my bike yesterday and there was this message on the screen - "Audio Not Found". Sure enough, no audio - at all. Controller doesn't do anything either - anyone else have this happen to them?
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
Re: Error - "Audio Not Found"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 06:01:40 pm »
I looked in the service manual but couldn't find anything other than a reference to CAN, controller area network.
topic was discussed a bit, maybe pulling fuse is a temporary help but software update is likely cure
https://www.triumph-trophy.com/index.php?topic=410.0
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline clarge

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Qualicum Beach
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 03:17:53 am »
yup. pull the fuse. gives it a hard reboot and seems to fix things for awhile.

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 02:57:58 am »
Sid001
Same thing happened to me today. Ran up to Wellsboro, Pa., and everything was perfect. On the way home, I stopped for gas and when I fired her up, there was the same message "Audio Not Found". I attempted to pull up the audio setting nothing would happen then a few seconds later the message would reappear. Didn't get home till late so I will have to look at fuse and go from there.
There was a positive today, besides the spectacular ride, it seems that the new rad cap has solved the coolant leak.
Hopefully, I can solve this problem in the morning.
Scott

Offline w8d4it

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
  • City / Town: Houston Texas
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 05:42:27 am »
As stated before you may want to see if pulling the fuse resolves the problem.  The link I provided earlier states it works (at least temporarily ). Elsewhere it is posted there is a new software update coming out.  Don't know if it will address audio or not.  But earlier miss posted an audio specific update 
Proudly Riding Triumph Since 1968
2013 Triumph Trophy SE
2001 Sprint 955 ST

Offline Amboguzzi

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TTSE Blue (fastest)
  • City / Town: Annville,Pa
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 07:36:13 pm »
This is not a positive update. This morning I went and pulled the fuse for the audio system and before I put everything back I turned on the ignition and the radio was detected. I thought fantastic and buttoned everything up. Put on my gear turned on the ignition and the TES was resetting. I let it go and eventually the failure/see manual warning showed up it the display. I went to try and start the motor and all I got was a semi-loud "Click" and then nothing. So now the bike wont start at all. So, I'm  thinking that maybe I should disconnect the battery and let the whole system reset. I disconnect the battery and let it sit for @1min and then reconnect. The exact same thing happened again TES light flashing then the fault see manual and then the attempt to start with the same "click". The funny thing that I noticed was that even though all the gauges remained lit the GPS power supply went away each time. I knew because it asked if I wanted it to remain on using battery power.
I guess another trip to dealer this week.
I discovered one other thing--- I was missing a rubber grommet from the side cover that goes to the positioning stud. So far that makes a total of 6 fairing bolts, 2 plastic washers from the windscreen, 1 bolt that holds the battery box in place, and the above grommet that I have found missing while I have done some of my own work/diagnostics.
Scott

Offline Sid001

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 07:54:01 pm »
Hey Amboguzzi - Same thing here! Except I didn't do anything with the fuses. I went out to start my bike this morning to head up to the Classic Bike Picnic in Frenchtown, NJ and nothing. Dead. Would not start. Not even a click.

So I pulled the panel to see if the battery had a loose connection and connections were fine. Then checked the voltage and it was very low - probably about 4 volts. So something is draining the battery and that's why the audio went out. I read somewhere is the battery is low the audio will not turn on. I guess the dealer will have to come pick up the bike. Glad I was home when it happen. Quite the coincidence it happened to both of us on the same day.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Sid001

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 08:01:42 pm »
*Originally Posted by Amboguzzi [+]
The exact same thing happened again TES light flashing then the fault see manual and then the attempt to start with the same "click".

I was having problems with my TES warning light since I bought the bike. I brought it to the dealer 2 weeks ago and they 're-calibrated' the TES but it started acting up again this week. I wonder if that's whats draining the battery because it does try to calibrate before the bike starts and then again after the bike starts.
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

tweedy-bunch