Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Odd Pannier query.  (Read 785 times)

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10000

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Re: Odd Pannier query.
    Reply #8 on: Jun 07, 2022, 10.59 pm
    Jun 07, 2022, 10.59 pm
    The part numbers for the Base assembly, Carcass Kit and Coloured lids are the same for the Trophy and Sprint GT.

These are the Links to the respective pages at World of Triumph for you to confirm :

World of Triumph / Trophy 1215 SE / Panniers

World of Triumph / Sprint GT / Paniers

Cheers  :821:

• Offline Pauli363   gb

• Trophy Member  ‐    61
    • Topic Author

Offline Pauli363

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Proud owner 2014 Triumph Trophy SE in Black
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Belfast
    Reply #9 on: Jun 08, 2022, 03.12 pm
    Jun 08, 2022, 03.12 pm
    Thanks. That helps.

• Offline sin_tiger   gb

• Trophy Master  ‐    518

Offline sin_tiger

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: Trophy SE Lunar
    • City / Town: Maybole
    Reply #10 on: Jun 09, 2022, 10.11 pm
    Jun 09, 2022, 10.11 pm
    *Originally Posted by Pauli363 [+]
    Anyone?  Just looking advice if the Sprint 1050 panniers are the same as the 2015 Trophy.  They certainly seen to be but just looking confirmation.

The Sprint GT 1050 panniers are the same as the TTSE, I tried mine on a GT that was missing them. The earlier Sprint ST 1050 are non sided, also used on the Tiger Sport 1050

• Offline Pauli363   gb

• Trophy Member  ‐    61
    • Topic Author

Offline Pauli363

• Trophy Member
    • Topic Author
    • Proud owner 2014 Triumph Trophy SE in Black
    • Bike: Triumph Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Belfast
    Reply #11 on: Jun 14, 2022, 08.17 pm
    Jun 14, 2022, 08.17 pm
    *Originally Posted by Novocastrian [+]
    I see what you mean.  I've never seen those before.  In answer to your question, I don't think you will have the correct outer lids (inner) to which the covers attach either.....you may have a problem getting your new pannier covers to attach.  I am sure many of us will be wondering how you get on with this one...

Well, I picked the bike up on Saturday and I am absolutely delighted with it.  Though I cannot wait to get those pannier lids off!.  Apart from the scrapes, I don't like the flattened shape.

So anyway.  On closer inspection, the outer inner door carcase is still fitted.  However, the previous owner cut them down to just basically the frame, then bolted on these weird pannier covers.  They weigh a ton.  On checking inside, The painted skin is attached to heavy wood which is in turn fitted to the remaining plastic door carcass.  It was then backfilled with that spray expanding foam!  I am really puzzled as to why he would have done this and I can only think of two likely scenarios.

1: He didn't want to pay for two new pannier outer painted skins.  Strange though, as they are not that expensive and widely available second hand.  There are at least 10 currently on eBay.

2.  He didn't like the look of the original panniers, maybe thinking they were too wide on the bike?

These covers are a mystery.  They don't look to be home made, but they do fit exactly the shape of the pannier inners.  Really strange.
    In any event, they are coming off.  They weigh about 3 times what a standard door and skin weighs and I don't like the look of them.  Apart from that, they would need sanded down and resprayed, which I might do anyway.
    I have the replacement painted skins ready to go on once I can source two outer door carcasses.

tweedy-bunch