Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: True Seat Height  (Read 1760 times)

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
True Seat Height
« on: September 29, 2013, 02:27:39 pm »
I picked up my comfort seat yesterday.  The added height was noticeable and I had no right knee pain on my ride home.  However, looking at the bottom of the seat I started wondering how much difference the high and low settings really make.  Sure, the front of the seat is higher and the back tabs slide into the top tabs, but the base of the seat, where your butt is, is still supported by the same under-mounted rubber cushion, that rests on the same metal tabs welded on the frame.  Yesterday, I took some two-sided tape and a sheet of rubber that I have and I put on a few alternating layers - maybe a 1/2 inch worth.  Seat still installs normally so I might go to the hardware store and pick up something to get me closer to an inch.

Anybody else played with this?

Offline Trophy 59

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: TT SE, XV750 Bobber
  • City / Town: Perth
Re: True Seat Height
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 03:26:57 pm »
I have found on the lower setting, I tend to sit more forward and get biker's bum earlier than when on the higher setting. The higher setting seems to be a more level seat.

No, I haven't tried wedging up the rear under-seat bumber rubbers.
Don't grow up, it's a trap...

Offline johnbut

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: triumph trophy
  • City / Town: East Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 09:27:31 am »
Just checked my comfort seat. When on the higher setting the rubber pad does sit on the raised part of the seat support but when it is on the lower setting it rests on the lower part of the metal support that is further forward. I noticed that you have to ensure that the seat is pushed well forward so it sits correctly. This keeps the seat level.

Offline enGage

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2013 Trophy
  • City / Town: Grand Rapids
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 06:07:25 pm »
*Originally Posted by johnbut [+]
Just checked my comfort seat. When on the higher setting the rubber pad does sit on the raised part of the seat support but when it is on the lower setting it rests on the lower part of the metal support that is further forward. I noticed that you have to ensure that the seat is pushed well forward so it sits correctly. This keeps the seat level.

Confirmed - thanks John.

OK, so that means I am getting additional seat height by adding the rubber  :062:  My knees are happy already.

tweedy-bunch