Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] Topic: Hi from Deep East Texas  (Read 489 times)

• Offline TexasTTSE   us

• Trophy Junior  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline TexasTTSE

• Trophy Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Zero as of now
    • City / Town: Hemphill,TX
    Hi from Deep East Texas
    on: Jun 13, 2022, 08.23 pm
    Jun 13, 2022, 08.23 pm
    I know , that Deep East Texas name , I didn't come up with it ! But that's what they refer to my area as . Virtually no one has ever heard of the town I'm near so it's easier to use that designation .  So I haven't ridden in over 20 years. My last bike was a Honda V30 Magna - 85 model I think . I'm 57 now and have been thinking about a bike for a while as well as looking. I was never a huge Harley fan but they'd begun to catch my interest a bit except I hate the prices on them. Even the used ones are high and for some reason I sure see a glut of used ones for sale as if the owners are trying to get rid of them for some reason. I also feel that the hogs are underequipped for the prices they fetch  .  I like the idea of the sport touring class for the easier handling and lower weight . I also didn't want a big overweight bagger style but the new Goldwing certainly is a much more beautiful machine now ( the prices are of course way up there). I have to be honest , I'd never seen a TT or knew much about them. I was looking at the FJR's and had glanced at the ST's which didn't interest me much. I was leaning heavily towards a BMW k1200 LT but then started reading about some of the issues they have . They're great bikes but when I read about them being top heavy I decided against as I weigh about 157 lbs. It was when I decided to do a search on the FJR 's alternative that I came across the Trophy. I wanted a bike with reliability , performance and options , particularly ABS and cruise control . It seems I find nothing but good things being written about the Trophy so I'm left wondering why it  was discontinued. I'm generally looking around at them online several times a week . My only reservation is what if I get a TT and it needs service or parts. Thanks for reading. I hope this intro wasn't too long! :164:

• Offline trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    4913

Offline trophied

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Re: Hi from Deep East Texas
    Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2022, 11.47 pm
    Jun 13, 2022, 11.47 pm
     :400: to the forum.  There is certainly at the very least one member here that can answer any question you may have and more likely several.  The Trophy is also a bit top heavy as most of us can attest, although not as much as the K1200LT's according to what I've heard from owners and previous owners.  For sport tourers equipped comparably there is really only one of the same size and class as the Trophy and that's the R1200RT.  For most of us that own Trophy's we settled on it because it met all or most of our preferences in a very road worthy, comfortable package and we've figured out all the quirks and solutions to them.  Several members on here have put over 100,000 miles on a Trophy, or more than one Trophy, and it's even finished very respectably in the Iron Butt Rally.  Is it the best machine out there, maybe not, but it does a lot of things very well and it's probably the last motorcycle I will own.  Ask away, and members will be along with answers and a warm welcome to the best motorcycle forum out there. :821:
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline digital   es

• Trophy God  ‐    2793

Offline digital

• Trophy God
    • Trophy SE 1200
    • Bike: digital
    • City / Town: Barcelona
    Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2022, 12.22 am
    Jun 14, 2022, 12.22 am
     :400: to the forum.
    Only motorcyclists know why dogs stick their head out the car window.

• Offline HACKLE   au

• Trophy Master  ‐    1296

Offline HACKLE

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2016 Trophy 1200se
    • City / Town: Trafalgar
    Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2022, 12.29 am
    Jun 14, 2022, 12.29 am
      TexasTTSE  :400: I can certainly say that the Trophy is a perfectly comfortable long distance mount. On Friday 10th. June I left home and on Sunday 13th. I returned home after going for a "little" ride of 2,673 kilometres. As I said perfect.  :821: :028:
    HACKLE     I'm too young to be this old.

FarRider  #379

IBA Member  #58060

• Offline coastalisland   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    69

Offline coastalisland

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: Columbia SC
    Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2022, 02.01 am
    Jun 14, 2022, 02.01 am
    Welcome ! :400: Go ahead and take the plunge. The waters fine...
    Coastalisland

• Offline Coconut   gb

• Trophy God  ‐    10000

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: South Birmingham
    Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2022, 07.10 am
    Jun 14, 2022, 07.10 am
    Hi TexasTTSE and :400: to the Forum !

• Offline MrB1967   gb

• Trophy Member  ‐    48

Offline MrB1967

• Trophy Member
    • It's not the destination, it's the journey...
    • Bike: TTSE 2013
    • City / Town: Warrington
    Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2022, 09.24 am
    Jun 14, 2022, 09.24 am
    Welcome to the forum Tex!

The TTSE is a fantastic bike. I really can;t see a reason for ever getting rid of mine. There is a wealth of information on here to enable you to keep the bike running indefinitely, should you choose.

On the subject of it being discontinued.. opinions vary, but I think it's fait to say it was never a stella sales sucess. I place the blame for that firmly with Triumph's commercial people - it was never well promoted which is really odd as, for me, it's a much better bike than the RT everyone seems to ride. In every way. Triumph went on to chase sales with the modern classic market, they are clearly doing really well with that which is nice for them but I really do think they missesed an opportunity with the TT to diversify and really have a lass leading bike. Yes, it's a little long in the tooth in some respects but if it HAD been kept on the market it would have had a redesign by now and got it's TFT screen etc. that seem de rigur with other similar bikes these days. I think it speaks volumes that, five yers after production ceased, there is still no real competitor for it from any manufacturer. There really is nothing I would see as a proper replacement for it, even after all these years. The closest is the big Chinese GT bike but really, who's having one of those??

As for the weight, yes it's a lot of bike to push around but with a bit of forethought it's not too bad. Once on the move it feels like a 200kg machine. Well, maybe 225  :002:

I hope you end up on an SE, you will struggle with dealer support I guess, depending on how far away your nearest Triumph shop is from you but it's a relatively easy bike to service and look after at home so go for it, it really is a fantastic bike.

• Offline TexasTTSE   us

• Trophy Junior  ‐    8
    • Topic Author

Offline TexasTTSE

• Trophy Junior
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: Zero as of now
    • City / Town: Hemphill,TX
    Reply #7 on: Jun 16, 2022, 06.35 pm
    Jun 16, 2022, 06.35 pm
    Thanks for all of those awesome welcoming replies!  :763: And sorry for the slow response time . I'm self employed and feel overwhelmed at times. I'll  try to respond to all of the good points already made to me but I'm wondering if I shouldn't go over to the other section and post. I still have to learn some things about the years and models . It seems that this generation started in 2013 and ended in 17. Are they all SE's or not ? Some listings seem to omit the SE designation . And do they all have ABS? That's something I think I have to have. As far as top heaviness it seems that the seats are adjustable. Is this the case?  I saw a lowering kit online and I'm thinking this could be an option for me to improve on this if need be down the line.
    Is there a best year for the final run ? I inquired about a 2013 over in Austin at a dealership which is about 5 hours drive from me . They replied that it was currently not for sale due to a recall and of course to come by and look at the other machines they had . I replied that I was looking only for a Trophy and have yet to receive a response  :008:

tweedy-bunch