Author [NL] [FR] [ES] [DE] [SE] [IT] 2023 Twisted Trophies Get Together  (Read 4413 times)

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5047
    • Topic Author

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Topic Author
    • Bike: 2013 Trophy SE
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Re: 2023 Twisted Trophies Get Together
    Reply #24 on: Aug 20, 2022, 12.30 am
    Aug 20, 2022, 12.30 am
    A number of people that planned to go cancelled due to Covid, but fortunately some that decided to go late, after everything was booked up, were able to utilize my 2 reservations at Iron Horse that has a full price cancellation charge.  Saved me a chunk of change.  I found a 3 bedroom house at the Phillips Historical Motel that put 3 of us up with our own bedrooms, a kitchen, and living room, for less per person than anywhere else for an individual room.  Can highly recommend the place for multiple people willing to share a house.  We didn't ride hardly any of the well published routes and had little traffic, good roads, and a great time.
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline Swat   us

• Trophy Pro  ‐    109

Offline Swat

• Trophy Pro
    • Founding Member of the Twisted Trophies😉👍
    • Bike: 2013 Triumph Trophy
    • City / Town: Hot Springs
    Reply #25 on: Aug 20, 2022, 01.05 am
    Aug 20, 2022, 01.05 am
    The Iron horse was a little pricey for what you got, but Iím frugal :008:
    Roads were nice, a little wet.
    We were a little uncoordinated as far as meeting up.
    Of course Mr. Murphy showed up for one of the group, but that can happen anytime  :001:
    Twisted Trophies Founding Member

• Offline Trou1c   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    18

Offline Trou1c

• Trophy Member
    • Bike: 2014 TTSE in Blue
    • City / Town: Kernersville NC USA
    Reply #26 on: Aug 20, 2022, 02.15 am
    Aug 20, 2022, 02.15 am
    I had an amazing time(s) with my V4 brothers and Waynesville NC has a lot of possibilities, but Maggie's Valley has lots of hotels/motels that are cheap in the off season.
     I will do some research

Some of the best roads I have been fortunate to have ridden.
    The best company I kept was V65's and vfr's
    and Hooligans and Buelligans.

These roads are no joke and will test your ability and machine more than ever and are not to be taken lightly.

• Offline 2slowTrophy   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    1441

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
    • City / Town: Dallas TX
    Reply #27 on: Aug 20, 2022, 02.26 am
    Aug 20, 2022, 02.26 am
    Ok so far we have rides from east Coast and central U.S. expressing interest in the trip. Do we have anybody from Rocky Mountain states and west interested?

If we have people that have to ride 2 to 3 days to get someplace then thatís 2 to 3 days back then thereís not much of a get together for them. 

Okckeith  what weeks work for you in April or May?

What is weather like in The northern central United States? What is the weather like and the east?
    Then how far north can we go without temperatures that are too low?
    All things  we need to consider.

How far and how many days for dedicated travel to get to a location can people spend?
    The logistics will help us determine the best place.

I have a lot of experience in the western United States everything west of the Mississippi with Illinois Wisconsin and the upper peninsula of Michigan. With the exception of Louisiana just too close to visit. L O L.

Last Edit: Aug 20, 2022, 02.38 am by 2slowTrophy
    IBA # 59602
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

• Offline swilkins65   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    64

Offline swilkins65

• Trophy Member
    • City / Town: Phoenix, AZ
    Reply #28 on: Aug 20, 2022, 03.17 am
    Aug 20, 2022, 03.17 am
    With the last trip I only joined up for a two day (one night) visit but I'm planning on making this next one longer.  Will be leaving from Phoenix but I'm willing to ride to a start point.  I've done a few 1,000 mile in a day trips so I know I can cover some ground within a day or two.

• Offline 2slowTrophy   us

• Trophy Master  ‐    1441

Offline 2slowTrophy

• Trophy Master
    • Bike: 2015 Trophy SE Blue
    • City / Town: Dallas TX
    Reply #29 on: Aug 20, 2022, 12.34 pm
    Aug 20, 2022, 12.34 pm
    We need to contemplate a area depending on how many people are going to come from out west to out east and someplace that has some interesting sites.

Find destinations that we can go to that we ride on interesting roads along the way not necessarily to go a area to find a ride that we can do.
     We can ride to get to check out other roads  along the way to get to our next destinations.

Many of our riders May be coming from a long way and riding a few extra hundred miles a day maybe extra tiring for them.
    Last Edit: Aug 20, 2022, 12.43 pm by 2slowTrophy
    IBA # 59602
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophy's

• Online trophied   us

• Trophy God  ‐    5047
    • Topic Author

Online trophied

• Trophy God
    • Topic Author
    • City / Town: New Braunfels, Tx
    Reply #30 on: Aug 20, 2022, 05.37 pm
    Aug 20, 2022, 05.37 pm
    I'm flexible with where we go until, oh, say Thanksgiving time frame, because by then we will be planning our next years routes in the motorhome and making reservations far in advance to make sure and get a spot in a park.  Our last discussion had us heading south from central Texas to Big Bend then working our way north and west as weather allows to end up in South Dakota or Montana or Utah once all the ice is gone up there.  The April/May time frame works pretty well for me just about anywhere north of Texas as long as the roads have cleared wherever we are.  I shouldn't need to go 1000 miles or more on the bike to a destination now, and likely won't need a motel.  My house comes along with me now. :745:
    One of the Founding Members of the Twisted Trophies

• Offline crabroper   us

• Trophy Member  ‐    60

Offline crabroper

• Trophy Member
    • (520) 400-8561
    • Bike: 2017 trophy se
    • City / Town: Tucson
    Reply #31 on: Aug 23, 2022, 12.49 am
    Aug 23, 2022, 12.49 am
    *Originally Posted by 2slowTrophy [+]
    I think we need to see who interested in going on our trip after all then we can coordinate a spot that will get everybody to go.
    If we wait a little later April or May we may get people that have been snowed in for several months to join us maybe South Dakota, Nebraska that way itís kind of in the middle of the United States we can have people from the East Coast to the West Coast, join us! 

We  need input for the planing after all we have Trophies that can travel as far as needed in style and comfort!

I ride for my think time itís all about the open road, I have seen our planet from overhead more than I care to, after all I do get tired of flying and meeting people face-to-face is much better than a high altitude overfly!!!

So we need to figure out whoís going to go and letís make a rendezvous point where everybody can meet up! I mean after all we have to have a larger get together than any place else on the globe!

I'm in!
    TJ