Author [ES] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [SE] [FI] [NO] Topic: Blue tooth head set Interphone F3  (Read 6850 times)

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • Bike: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Harrogate
Blue tooth head set Interphone F3
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:33:37 AM »
Hi everyone

I am considering going technical and fitting a Blue tooth headset system. I was thinking of the Triumph compatible Interphone F3 system.

Tho a comment from coconut suggested a  possible breakdown with blue tooth now and again.

I would mainly be using this for the Sat nav that I am also getting installed by the dealer.

Has anybody any comments on my choice of headset. ect anything to look out for? or anything to ensure the dealer does when fitting.?

I use a Shark evoline 2 helmet and have had a look at the Shark bluetooth system for that type of helmet. but would rather have a universal system that can fit on any helmet.

If I cannt make up my mind I may wait till the bike show in November at NEC and have a look then.

Any help appreciated.
cheers

seadog

seadog

Offline Vitesse

• Trophy Member
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Re: Blue tooth head set Interphone F3
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
Hi Seadog.
I went the Schuberth option as it sits all nice and tidy in the helmet collar. Not a cheap option but works for me. Done France last three years with a mate with same setup and had no problems apart from losing signal to one another at long distance. Easy to link to satnav, phone and rider to rider. Not saying I will use Schuberth next time I change my helmet but not ruling it out as I have found it a good system. Hope this helps.

Offline Glenn

• Trophy Pro
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Wisbech, Cambs
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 10:52:43 AM »
Hi Seadog.
According to Ride magazine (earlier this year), the Scala & Interfone F4 were the best on the market.
Many of my friends have one or other of these and they seem to be pretty much same same from comments I've heard. Both have excellent sound quality and work really well, when they work; all blue tooth headsets have a habit of 'dropping out' for no apparent reason and can stop working for a whole trip, only to be perfectly ok next day or later that day!?
My own experience of my F4 is that it was shocking, I had a Friday afternoon one I think. In the end my dealer gave me a brand new boxed F4s intercom. This has been flawless. However, I made one deliberate change with this one; I didn't pair it with my iPhone. Reason is that the Interfone has mobile phone as dominant over all other uses and that's not why I want Bluetooth. If someone calls you the blinking thing goes into phone mode and is a devil to get back out. I only paired it in the first place cos I could (boys toys), never again though.
Both the F4 & F4s worked great with my TomTom. The music does skip in Blue tooth mode but I think that's a problem with the bike not the Interfone.
I understand that there's an F5 available now but I have no experience if that.
Hope this helps.

Offline seadog

• Trophy Master
    • View Profile
  • City / Town: Harrogate
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 11:14:14 AM »
Glen and Vitesse

Thanks for the info. I tend to ride alone so dont require bike to bike ie F4 F5.

May take a pillion now and again so F3 handy for that. As they use a Shoei helmet

Phone not a problem. Dont answer phones on the move and always stop to call anyone.

First touring bike I have had so Radio (which I dont use :745: and gadgets all new)

Sat nav most usfull item probably.

seadog

seadog
seadog

Offline chrisb1

• Ex Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
posted previously with a few problems which are now sorted....but trouble free scala rider g4 on the last few runs. With some don'ts (which others may have got round) I ride a lot of 2 up so this is what it refers to:

don't pair the second headset to the bike (music goes to s":t) - we ride with headset to headset connection so we can speak, mine to the bike so i get audio from usb/ audio & garmin (other half has ipod or ipad wired to headset for music)

don't pair via bluetooth to an ipad, as soon as sat nav or vox is used the connection gets dropped and requires manual intervention to get back...this is why other half has wired music now

don't try and listen to the music on your garmin (it jumps and stutters)

having said the don'ts i was on the point of going back to autocom until i worked all this out....now i am pretty satisfied i have an effective package that works predictably every time.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 12:35:26 PM »
Here's a link to the Interphone F3XT.

It has dual Bluetooth ( like most these days ), and I have mine paired with the Trophy as "Headset 1".

This leaves the other Bluetooth channel of the F3 to connect to a pillion headset for intercom if you want to, or not.

My mobile phone ( iPhone 5 ) is paired to the Trophy as "Device 1",
and the Garmin Zumo 660 is hard-wired into the dedicated audio jack
and power supply connections under the fairing below the front left indicator pod.

The way it all works is that I have set the Trophy Audio system output as "Headset"
and then whichever audio source is selected, "FM Radio", "iPod", "USB" etc,
will play via Bluetooth in the F3 helmet speakers.

If the Sat Nav makes an audio announcement, because it is hard-wired to the system,
it over-rides the other Audio source, so you don't mss any guidance messages,
and after the announcement the other audio source resumes.

IF I have the Bluetooth of my mobile phone swithced on,
then I can hear the ringing tone if someone calls me,
and see their number ( or name from details stored in the phone's contacts list )
displayed on the Trophy instrument panel, with the option of accepting or rejecting the call.

According to the F3 instructions it is possible to initiate Phone calls by pressing a button on the F3,
or by Voice command - but this is dependent on the Mobile phone being used supporting the feature,
and I haven't actually tried to use this feature yet !
( I think you might have to pair the phone directly to the F3 for this to work,
rather than via the Trophy audio system ? )

As mentioned, I have had a few occasions where the Bluetooth audio has broken up slightly,
but I beleive this to be a problem on the Trophy side, rather than with the F3 device.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:55:04 PM by Coconut »

Offline pinkypincott

• Trophy Junior
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 1200 Trophy
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 10:49:57 PM »
Hi Coconut

I picked up my new Trophy last Saturday. Fantastic machine  :046:

I have fitted a new autocom SPA and connected my Garman sat nav as your post via the trophy nav jack plug (once I found it)

I have connected a autocom Bluetooth and can pair as a device but not as a head set (not device found on the trophy screen) 

Has any one had this problem and over come it?

The autocom spa sound quality is great so I want to keep the unit just this headset connection that's a pain

I have e-mailed the autocom tec people with the triumph Bluetooth requirements and will keep you posted.

Offline Coconut

• Trophy God
    • View Profile
  • Bike: 2017 Trophy SE
  • City / Town: South Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 09:29:21 AM »
Sorry Pinky but I don't have any knowledge of Autocom systems,
although there are other forum members on here that I recall having Autocom fitted,
so hopefully someone will be along shortly to help  :169:

tweedy-bunch